Toast on the road?

hootowlserenade

My wife is thinking about going with me for a few runs just to see what my new profession is all about... anyway I have a question that maybe someone here can help me with... I'm a company driver, so keep in mind my inverter is only 400 watts (the maximum a plug in style can be)...

I need to find a way for my wife to have her 2 pieces of toast every morning. I've googled for a 12v toaster and have come up short by finding a model that is discontinued and no longer for sale. OK, so I tried Googling a low wattage toaster ( <400 watts) and came up with nothing... tried looking for a single slice toaster (the toaster at home is 750 watts so in theory a single slice should run on approx. 375 watts because it'll have only 2 heating elements instead of 4) found most single slice toasters are just longer and use the same wattage as a 2 slice toaster... does anyone know of a toaster that will work on the road? I liked the 12v one I found, but being its discontinued and Googling the model finding none for sale has closed that door for me.. how do the camping toasters work? Can I just carry a propane torch and toast it that way? Sure an open flame inside the truck sounds like a great way to meet the local firefighters, but what options do I have? (Besides telling the wife to eat untoasted bread obviously) Does anyone know someone getting rid of a 12v toaster or know of a household model that uses less than 400 watts? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sent from the cutting edge of my Droid RAZR MAXX

Camp stove and toast maker(long metal holder) would do the trick if your stopped when doing it. I would not recommend having a lit stove rolling down the road.

I assume a bigger inverter is out?

Camp stove and toast maker(long metal holder) would do the trick if your stopped when doing it. I would not recommend having a lit stove rolling down the road.

I meet a guy who was bright enough to do this while his team mate was driving... I asked him if he met up with Darwin yet.

Yeah unfortunately being a company driver I cannot install a hardwired inverter.

Road Pro 12-Volt Toaster Oven / Pizza Maker Plugs In Your Cigarette Lighter | eBay

i dont know anything about the seller , just put in d/c toaster

I did come across this... has anyone who owns one tried making toast in it? I wonder if it just warms it up or if it'll actually toast the bread... or does it take so long to warm up that the toast is stale by the time its toasted :p

Sent from the cutting edge of my Droid RAZR MAXX

In 2007 I think, ... I was stuck somewhere in WV when they had a blizzard. I tried making toast with a propane torch. Didn't work too well. I ended up just eating the regular bread. It's better than charcoal.

I want that blinder. Now where can I put the wet bar?

You could do the Tool Time episode with the blow torch or in the Blues Brothers were he always had white bread in his pocket and if there was a toaster, he used it like in the used store that Ray Charles ran.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread