Time to clean house.... My RANT of the week.

I missed this thread good one and I agree for the most part. I could lie and say 100% but we walked the line with loads. Have carried protection little infractions along the way.
But I do want to readdress something I have brought up here many times and now this dude talking about killers and all that bad stuff connected to the trucking industry. Mental Illness how much of all that bad stuff can be connected to that. Physicals r required in alot of industries mental testing also. I'm sorry but I belive alot of troubled and maybe drivers who pose a threat r on the road. Serious think about it!

If each one of us that live life right, do a professional job, and have morals, standards, & ethics, keep pushing strong, sooner or later the good ole boys/girls way will come back.

If each one of us that live life right, do a professional job, and have morals, standards, & ethics, keep pushing strong, sooner or later the good ole boys/girls way will come back.
If each of us yes, But who is to determine whats right your morals, standards and even ethics could be differant then the next person.
Then again one could agree yet we ca'nt prove, see, or even know how that person acts away from safety zone. I can tell you I love snakes one of G_ds creatures, Yet I would kill any snake around me. And not tell anyone.

Lets see.........
standards= honesty, kindness, reasonable, conscientious, help-fullness, clean, polite, protecting the public from harm ) ie: loss of load,driving ignorance), not thinking the world or anyone else owes me,Not afraid to be helped or give help, not afraid to learn something new, or pass on my knowledge, non judgemental (most of the time I look deeper befor I judge someone), willing to stick-up for myself and others,
morals= obeying Gods law, obeying mans law(uuuuuugghhh! get harder every day!!)
ethics= honesty, keep my language clean, My word is my bond & my reputation! Pride in my job & how I do it.,honest work for honest pay, believe I have to earn what I get.

I am a happy person, I believe in human kindness, forgiveness, and admitting when I am wrong.

I know I can not always control the circumstances but what I can control is MY attitude, and if I change my attitude most times my circumstances change.

Would be nice, But the days of a handshake and trust in these days let alone in the trucking industry is gone.
As drivers feel cops for the most part have it out for them, And some do small town cops vs large have a total different mentality toward a big truck. (I said some) I would guess the words out of ones mouth would determine how the rest would play out...Maybe.......lol

A man with a concealed weapons permit is traveling aimlessly across Texas. Around Houston he gets pulled over by a State Trooper.

The trooper asks for his ID and asks him if he has any weapons or drugs he needs to know about in the vehicle.

The man says, "Well, yeah. Here's my permit, I've got a .38 revolver strapped to my right ankle. I got a .45 on this shoulder holster, and a little one-shot derringer in my left pocket. I also got a 30-06 in the backseat, and an AR-15 in my trunk. That's it."

The trooper inspects the permit and calls it in, and after being satisfied, goes back to the vehicle. "Sir, are you on your way to, or from, a gun range?"

The guy spits a wad of chew into an empty cup before saying, "Well, hell no, I can't afford range fees."

"OK, you carry around all these guns, then what the hell are you so afraid of?"

The guy stares dead ahead and says, "Not a damn thing officer

I thought the subject was Time to clean house, because he was on the road long, and needed to do house cleaning when he got home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread