The Island of Misfit Toys

Happiness is...

Showing up at 8pm for an 8:30pm live load, being told it's going to be 3 hours to load you yet, then 5 hours later being told it's going to be 8 hours more.

At least the guy said I could drop.the trailer and they would have a yard driver move it in and load it while I headed to the hotel for my 10.

Yes folks, that's how I spent my Friday night, do I know how to live or what?

Happiness is...

Showing up at 8pm for an 8:30pm live load, being told it's going to be 3 hours to load you yet, then 5 hours later being told it's going to be 8 hours more.

At least the guy said I could drop.the trailer and they would have a yard driver move it in and load it while I headed to the hotel for my 10.

Pace yersef

Don't want to get overworked

Happiness is...

He was right bout the time... you just showed up on the wrong day :biggrin-2:

Happiness is...

I'm partying with the wrong people. Your day sounded MUCH better 🤣

@Snowblind I'm in the middle nothing. The J in Vandalia. Long ass day, ran out of hours at my final. Last 24 hours have been a friggin nightmare. I was determined to grab a beer so I walked almost 3/4 of a mile in mid-20's temperatures to a local watering hole. I'm trying to decide which one of these I am...
I'm either dedicated and determined, or pathetic. I leave that up to you lol 😁 Either way, cheers! 🍻
20200227_214952.jpg

Oh my god, I don't remember the last time I wished I could have pulled over to get a picture so bad but traffic and the schedule wouldn't allow it. I did laugh my ass off though.

There is a pot place not to far from me, been there for a long time as medical, but now that recreational marijuana is legal in Illinois it's a fairly hoppin' place.

Drove by there a couple hours ago and right outside under the sign that said cannabis in front there are a few girls selling Girl Scout cookies, they had this big table just loaded with them.

That's right girls, take advantage of the munchies that sure to come. Keep thinking like this and you'll go far in life....

Oh my god, I don't remember the last time I wished I could have pulled over to get a picture so bad but traffic and the schedule wouldn't allow it. I did laugh my ass off though.

There is a pot place not to far from me, been there for a long time as medical, but now that recreational marijuana is legal in Illinois it's a fairly hoppin' place.

Drove by there a couple hours ago and right outside under the sign that said cannabis in front there are a few girls selling Girl Scout cookies, they had this big table just loaded with them.

That's right girls, take advantage of the munchies that sure to come. Keep thinking like this and you'll go far in life....
I've heard that scenario from several places. Usually comedy podcasts. Smartest sales move ever. Thin mints are my weakness. If I was a stoner I'd have to bring extra cash on every trip to the dispensary. Mix in a White Castle and I'd go broke.

@Steelersjunkie Camped out across the highway from my mostest favorite truck stop tonight. London.

Even called night dispatch and had them give me a fuel override so I have a reason to stop there when I head out in the morning.

@Steelersjunkie Camped out across the highway from my mostest favorite truck stop tonight. London.

Even called night dispatch and had them give me a fuel override so I have a reason to stop there when I head out in the morning.
Man, I haven't been to that place in ages. Actually, I haven't been ANYWHERE in ages. It's been a steady diet of OH, IN, and MI.

Not bad, I like running thru those 3.
It gets a little repetitive after a while, but it's very pleasant running. No tolls, no mountains, no bs. Ran Detroit twice today. One of those trips was during full-on rush hour and it was way better than the bullsh*t traffic in Chicago or Atlanta. Man, I don't miss those places. I love it when people look at my trailer or the decals on my truck. "So, how's the weather at home in Georgia?". Pfffttt. Ninja please, I ain't from that hole. You don't have enough money to get me back down there again until I have to turn this trailer in.

Last edited:
It gets a little repetitive after a while, but it's very pleasant running. No tolls, no mountains, no bs. Ran Detroit twice today. One of those trips was during full-on rush hour and it was way better than the bullsh*t traffic in Chicago or Atlanta. Man, I don't miss those places. I love it when people look at my trailer or the decals on my truck. "So, how's the weather at home in Georgia?". Pfffttt. Ninja please, I ain't from that hole. You don't have enough money to get me back down there again until I have to turn this trailer in.
Rather stay north and play in the snow, would ya?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread