Tanker Trailers

Anoop

Can anyone please tell me the types of cargo that are transported by tanker trailer and the which is the most highly transported cargo?

I haul production water off the oil/gas producing fields in a steel "wiener wagon" LOL Not sure what would be the most popular probably fuel as Truckingbiker says, depends on the type of tanker your pulling. Baffled or un-baffled. Most food products don't contain baffles as it gives places for bacteria to grow since they are harder to clean out.

Fuel, milk, water, fish emulsion, oil, crude, propane, butane and if you get into pneumatic trailers also considered tankers or "sand cans" they can haul dry bulk; rice, sand, minerals, liquids, baking soda or soda ash ect..

Why do you ask? :)

i will never forget the accident off the New Jersey Turnpike some years ago. the driver took the northbound split, to put him onto Rte 17 (i believe) and he rolled it over...those ramps are pretty sharp up there.

his cargo...??

a full tanker load of molasses....!!!

a real "sticky" situation...!!!...

Just think of the clean up cost.Sounds like it was the drivers fault,does his company charge him with the clean up cost???????????
i will never forget the accident off the New Jersey Turnpike some years ago. the driver took the northbound split, to put him onto Rte 17 (i believe) and he rolled it over...those ramps are pretty sharp up there.

his cargo...?

a full tanker load of molasses....!!!

a real "sticky" situation...!!!...

A few years ago I read about a driver that was behind a port-a-john tank when something opened up on the back end of the tank. The drivers truck was covered in human waste. I forget the details but cleanup was a drag.

TruckingBiker

for me its diesel...every day its diesel....the only thing that changes on my invoice is the date....i almost enjoy something breaking at the plant and i dont have to haul diesel...i did say almost. lol.

for me its diesel...every day its diesel....the only thing that changes on my invoice is the date....i almost enjoy something breaking at the plant and i dont have to haul diesel...i did say almost. lol.
yup me too, but iv'e been on an extended health vacation since Feb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread