Talk about bad luck...

Tn. Truckers Wife

I believe we have the worst timeing ever for things to go wrong...
Jeff's worked picked up, got our heavy vehicle tax paid...
This month his tags were due...So far everything was going pretty smoothly with work increasing...Looked like we might have the money by the end of the month for tags...
Well guess what?....
Yesterday Jeff was coming home from Memphis and his rear end went out on the truck...
He was about 80 miles from home so he called a mechanic that does alot of work for him on the side...He came out and checked things out..
Jeff had his oil changed at Speedco (I think was the name)...They were suppose to put whatever oil they use for the rear end..
The mechanic said, it looked like they had put regular oil in it because it was way too thin and it got so hot that it burnt up the rear end...All seals were intact and it was almost full but it was so thin that it was blowing it out...
Jeff got a sample of it and is taking in next week to be tested...
There goes the tag money...
Plus he lost two local runs that he was suppose to do today...
I swear, I just needed one more good week to buy those tags..

I'm speechless and don't know what to say. I am so sorry to hear about all that. Sending big hugs your way.

Bless your heart, THANKS...
I guess it's just the life of an O/O...Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong..:nono:

As abd as this is, this is reality of being an O/O that anybody who is even considering about getting a truck needs to read and understand. I think anybody with half a brain, and spending time talking to You and Luna about O/O would get the right information and then would realize that maybe now is not the time to consider becoming an O/O or even lease purchase programs.

As abd as this is, this is reality of being an O/O that anybody who is even considering about getting a truck needs to read and understand. I think anybody with half a brain, and spending time talking to You and Luna about O/O would get the right information and then would realize that maybe now is not the time to consider becoming an O/O or even lease purchase programs.
Your sooo right about your statement....Things like this happen... But in this economy, we've been holding our breath...*****SCREAMMMMMMMMMMM********Now I'm NOT holding my breath anymore...

Your sooo right about your statement....Things like this happen... But in this economy, we've been holding our breath...*****SCREAMMMMMMMMMMM********Now I'm NOT holding my breath anymore...

Knowing several O/O and all the issues and problems they all are going thru, it just kills a little piece of me each time. Companies are getting rid of O/O and exp drivers and hiring only newbs that they can pay chump change too. It seems to be a trend sweeping the country. Well at least from what i have noticed. *sigh*

Did Speedco change the gear oil, or, just add some at the last service? I know you aren't suppose to mix synthetic with petroleum based oil 'cause it will mess up the clutch plates. But, I never heard of frying a rear end, or, gear box, unless it goes dry.

This is truly bad news. I hope, ya'll (and the truck) recover quickly and you still have a bank account.

If that turns out to be the wrong oil that's speedco's dime right?
I sure hope so...

Did Speedco change the gear oil, or, just add some at the last service? I know you aren't suppose to mix synthetic with petroleum based oil 'cause it will mess up the clutch plates. But, I never heard of frying a rear end, or, gear box, unless it goes dry.

This is truly bad news. I hope, ya'll (and the truck) recover quickly and you still have a bank account.
Thanks 2xR....They just added some to it...

When you mix the oil it will foam up. Sorry to say its going to be hard to prove they put the wrong oil in.

I carry all of the oils and such for the truck. No one is to add theirs. They have to use mine or they do not touch it.

Bumped this thread because inquiring minds want to know...

How did this turn out?

Bumped this thread because inquiring minds want to know...

How did this turn out?
Well the truck was in the shop ALL last week, we picked it up Monday morning...EVERYTHING the rearend had gone out.....The shop that fixed it said they didn't believe it had anything to do with the oil....They thought it just went bad....Anyway 4,000 later, it's back on the road....
:order:

Yep the life of an O/O and cant afford to buy a newer truck, cant afford to maintain the old truck, (has very low resale). Government wants their money, as if you were making a truckload of 20s every week. Put the tags on a Credit Card and pay out the nose for interest. Just cant win in today's economy.

Yep the life of an O/O and cant afford to buy a newer truck, cant afford to maintain the old truck, (has very low resale). Government wants their money, as if you were making a truckload of 20s every week. Put the tags on a Credit Card and pay out the nose for interest. Just cant win in today's economy.
You got that right...:nod:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread