TA/Petro Dumps Money Into Upgrades.

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
New TV lounges which apparently people still use, shower upgrades, parking improvements, store improvements.

No word if a mere 15 bucks will still cover the cost of a shower.

Uncle Birchy

New TV lounges which apparently people still use, shower upgrades, parking improvements, store improvements.

No word if a mere 15 bucks will still cover the cost of a shower.

I never pay for a shower..

Whenever I planned a shower wherever I'd make sure to buy that 75 gallons even I didn't have a card for it I'd bring the "receipt" in that was enough except at LOVES..

Ya don't have a Loves Card good luck arguing with the kid...

The "manager" was even younger than the clerk..

Screw Loves anyways tight , Tiny, always PACKED..

Most other places I got more Shower Credits on card than I can even take showers...

Sometimes if at checkout saw somebody paying cash for a shower I'd be like dude go save that cash get ya a meal..

Follow me to the Kiosk swipe give em one of my extra showers

Last edited:

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Unless these upgrades include actual sit-down restaurants that serve real food, I think they're wasting their money. Sometimes even the retired geezers in their RVs whom all the truck stop chains only want to cater to want something other than McDogShit or heat lamp fried chicken.

Uncle Birchy

Unless these upgrades include actual sit-down restaurants that serve real food, I think they're wasting their money. Sometimes even the retired geezers in their RVs whom all the truck stop chains only want to cater to want something other than McDogShit or heat lamp fried chicken.
There are still TA/Petro "Restaurants"..

Ya during Covid alot of em "closed" but have Re-opened since last year..

Those that haven't my guess is wasn't enough Buisness to "Justify" operation costs even prior to Covid19..

Many of those locations also have the Fast Food like BK, Popeyes, and Taco Hell..

Ever notice those chains Cost More at Truckstops versus a Stand Alone back home..

That "extra" $2/3 bucks a Value Meal is "Rent" to TA/Petro..

Those sit downs were already suffering from Fast Food "competition" ..

Secondly the Chains are paying em "Rent" for the site so why even Bother operating and Staffing a Restaurant anymore..

Those that "Still" Remain either were Busy enough or those that had no Fast Food Chains..

Think 🤔 about that for a minute or so..

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Many of those locations also have the Fast Food like BK, Popeyes, and Taco Hell..

Ever notice those chains Cost More at Truckstops versus a Stand Alone back home..

That "extra" $2/3 bucks a Value Meal is "Rent" to TA/Petro..
No. I've never once noticed that because I rarely ever eat fast food. Especially McDonald's.

389 Hood

Premium
About the only kind of fast food I'll eat is an Egg McMuffin and that's if I'm in a pinch to move. Otherwise for the same money I can get a good breakfast at just about any diner for under $10. Two McMuffs, hash browns and a coke will eat a sawbuck right up.

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
..the hells a "sawbuck"...

It ain't 1930, Mac!

Whats the big idea talking like that?

Gotta update your vernacular, see?

Users who are viewing this thread