Space Monkeys

coachman

Old ass'd trucker
Premium
NASA decided to send a shuttle into space with two monkeys and an astronaut. They trained them for months. Then when they thought they were ready, they placed all three in the shuttle and got ready to send them up into space.

As the moment came closer NASA's mission control center announced, "This is mission control to Monkey One. Initiate!"

At that the first monkey started typing like mad and suddenly the shuttle's engines ignited and the shuttle took off.

Two hours later NASA's mission control center announced, "This is mission control to Monkey Two. Initiate!"

At that the second monkey started typing like mad and suddenly the shuttle separated from the empty fuel tanks.

Another two hours later mission control announced, "This is mission control to the astronaut..."

At this the astronaut responded "I know, I know. Feed the monkeys and don't touch anything."

Two hours from launch to fuel tank jettison? o_O

Of course 2 hours. If Obama can mandate fuel economy for trucks, I'm sure he can do it for spacecraft. I think @Injun told me that in another forum. And if Obama said it or mandated it, it must be true and it must be right. Truth and righteousness is part of Hope and Change. Honest! He himself told us so! So did Pelosi and some of those other folks. We elected them so we know they wouldn't lie.

Of course 2 hours. If Obama can mandate fuel economy for trucks, I'm sure he can do it for spacecraft. I think @Injun told me that in another forum. And if Obama said it or mandated it, it must be true and it must be right. Truth and righteousness is part of Hope and Change. Honest! He himself told us so! So did Pelosi and some of those other folks. We elected them so we know they wouldn't lie.

ajp6.r0tt.com_l_d788d020_dc56_11e1_91f6_5df598700006.jpg

You can't blame that on me!

Of course 2 hours. If Obama can mandate fuel economy for trucks, I'm sure he can do it for spacecraft.
Rockets are more efficient when they can take off at full throttle & accelerate quickly. When they have to slow them down so they won't crush the human occupants with accelerational G forces, they use more fuel to reach orbital velocity.

So Obama's fuel efficient rocket that takes 2 hours to reach fuel tank jettison makes no sense at all because it would achieve the opposite of fuel efficiency.

But then, Obama does have a 100% perfect track record of doing things that make no sense at all. Like making health insurance "affordable" by making it cost more & provide less coverage.

You can't blame that on me!
Sorry, shouldda blamed it on coachman.
Yeah. Cuz holding Coachman responsible for the scientific accuracy of his jokes also makes about as much sense as Obamacare. ;)

@coachman, you said:

Two hours later NASA's mission control center announced, "This is mission control to Monkey Two. Initiate!"

At that the second monkey started typing like mad and suddenly the shuttle separated from the empty fuel tanks.

@Duck, ever the skeptic, observed: "Two hours from launch to fuel tank jettison?" which is close to explicitly doubting your implied fuel economy statement.

Although I neglected (me bad) to credit you, @coachman, with stating the length of the burn; ergo exciting fuel economy (despite @Duck's skepticism), I just pointed to the fact that the Kenyan fuel-economy/carbon-emission-reduction Maximum Leader (here, courtesy of A. Huxley, I'm making the sign of the "T") could easily mandate that rocket fuel last 2 or more hours just like he (and his henchmen) made health insurance more accessible and cost less. BTW Nancy Pelosi personally told me that it doesn't matter that many liquid-fueled rockets don't use carbon-based fuels -- or was that Joe Biden?

@coachman, you said:

@Duck, ever the skeptic, observed: "Two hours from launch to fuel tank jettison?" which is close to explicitly doubting your implied fuel economy statement.

Although I neglected (me bad) to credit you, @coachman, with stating the length of the burn; ergo exciting fuel economy (despite @Duck's skepticism), I just pointed to the fact that the Kenyan fuel-economy/carbon-emission-reduction Maximum Leader (here, courtesy of A. Huxley, I'm making the sign of the "T") could easily mandate that rocket fuel last 2 or more hours just like he (and his henchmen) made health insurance more accessible and cost less. BTW Nancy Pelosi personally told me that it doesn't matter that many liquid-fueled rockets don't use carbon-based fuels -- or was that Joe Biden?

Jeezes all this for a stupid joke:stare1:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread