Sirius/XM Road Dog Trucking Channel Moves To Channel 106

Mike

Sirius/XM will be moving the Road Dog Trucking Programming to channel 106, effective May 4th, 2011. On that date, virtually every channel on the network will be moved in an effort to make it easier for listeners to find the programming they are looking for.

This has needed to happen ever since the merger of the two satellite networks.....

Explain how moving every channel I have programed into my radio, is going to make it easier to find? :)

LOL! The reprogramming of the presets is going to suck. My truck's radio came with Sirius and I have three sets of "presets" filled up, all of which will have to be reset next week.

It will make the browsing of channels easier though, or at least it should. Although, it is very seldom that I do that.

Explain how moving every channel I have programed into my radio, is going to make it easier to find? :)

Yeah! Just when I got all the stations I like figured out and programmed in, now I am going to need to "find" them all over again and reset the damn thing.

As much as I have come to depend on it, I really dislike XM. I swore I would never pay to get radio reception, then way back when the NASCAR channel was still on XM my stepson gave me an XM radio for Christmas complete with a year's subscription. Then, just as I was getting used to the idea of paying to listen to the radio (something I had always done for free), they went and took the NASCAR channel away from XM and gave it to SIRIUS.

Those basterds!

When I called them, I was told that a merger was in the works and after it was over I would get my beloved NASCAR channel back.

Wrong again Robin!

Nope, the only way to get it again was to either change all the equipment to SIRIUS and subscribe to the package that had the NASCAR channel, or "add on" the "best of" something or other. Just a few months ago, I finally caved in and did the add on, and bought a "lifetime" subscription at the same time. I figured, why not? I mean, I plan on keeping the darned thing for the rest of my days, I have a base in my truck, my pickup, my car, my shop, and my house, so what the heck.

And now they do this!

Nothing good ever lasts!

For some stupid reason, I still pay just 3 months at a time, and have done so for as long as I can remember. I need to go ahead and get a lifetime subscription because I know I will always use it. I can't stand to listen to regular radio anymore.

All I know is I listened to Metallica for 24 hours straight on Liquid Metal, Sirius 27, yesterday, and I am a better man because of it.

For some stupid reason, I still pay just 3 months at a time, and have done so for as long as I can remember. I need to go ahead and get a lifetime subscription because I know I will always use it. I can't stand to listen to regular radio anymore.

I only wish I would have bought into the "lifetime" deal back when it was a couple hundred bucks, instead of what it costs now.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I only wish I would have bought into the "lifetime" deal back when it was a couple hundred bucks, instead of what it costs now.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What did you end costing you? I just paid off mine at the beginning of April, 5 installments. It cost me $500.00.

Worth it? I guess. I listen to Sirius for many hours each day. The exceptions being when I listen to Rush or I have a CD, MP3 Disk or my iPod connected.

I have quite a selection of channeles preset, music wise, everything from the 60's on up to Classic Rock and everything inbetween. Country music of all flavors. Latin music and I wish they would add a Tejano channel and Classical music, this is a required taste for me, I'm working hard at it. :) Talk radio, conservative of course, the Patriot Channel, FOX News and the Road Dog, I only listen to Kevin Rutherford and OOIDA on the road dog. Some of the comedy channels, infrequently.

I guess there are alot more channel that I don't listen too, than I do listen to. Even so, I think it is worth the money.

It was a tad over $800 for the "lifetime" subscription. Of course, that is the "lifetime" of the radio, and when such time comes that it will require replacement, there is a fee, and it is currently $75 to transfer the "lifetime" subscription to a new radio.

Like I said, I kick myself for not making the move to the "lifetime" subscription years ago.

New Channel Lineup - SiriusXM Radio

heres the link i got in my e-mail looks like the new lineup is gonna be the same no more efing around with channels if you have sirius in one Vehicle and xm in another :). now hopefully they will get there heads out there arses and no matter what radio you purchase they wont charge you the whole subscription all over if i have sirius and my car has xm i can't see paying the whole fee all over when i can add a radio at a discount!!

Woke up this morning, turned on the radio, and there was Dave Nemo just like always. Sirius magically changed all my radio presets for me........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread