Discovery Channel announces new 'World's Toughest Trucker' series

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
Eight truck drivers from six different countries will put their driving skills to the test in a new Discovery Channel series, World’s Toughest Trucker, premiering at 10 p.m. EST on Monday, Feb. 13.

The new series features truck drivers from the United States, Canada, England, Scotland, Australia and Sri Lanka. All are competing for a $150,000 prize.

According to the release, truck drivers will compete in three-day challenges in some of the harshest environments on earth, including the Australian Outback and icy roads in the Himalayas.

Drivers must face “unusual cargo, massive rigs, lethal roads and each other” as a driver is eliminated in each episode for “slow times and penalties.”

source

dd,dubbled,thats what we all call him in the chat room.Saves time typing his entire screenname.It became habit calling him dd,lol.Don't think he minds too much.

I dont' mind at all but I think Mikes comment was directed at my.... not posting anything here?

I know.. You got DD on the brain... happens a lot.

I knew you didnt mind because otherwise i would have heard about it.LOL
I dont' mind at all but I think Mikes comment was directed at my.... not posting anything here?

I know.. You got DD on the brain... happens a lot.
I'm losing it.I thought u already posted and im responding ,LOL.Now I get Mike,LOL.

I simply refuse to watch IRT and Shipping Wars because I think that those shows are pretty much bull****.

World's Toughest Trucker however seems extremely interesting. Finally, an entertaining truck-related show on TV! :D I'm looking forward to watching it.

Don't want to spoil this for anybody, but I won.

I was going to use that line.

I simply refuse to watch IRT and Shipping Wars because I think that those shows are pretty much bull****.

World's Toughest Trucker however seems extremely interesting. Finally, an entertaining truck-related show on TV! :D I'm looking forward to watching it.

IRT is terrible. Shipping Wars is just as bad. I was watching it last night and that dude with the long grey hair irritates me beyond belief. Why does he think driving a dually hooked to a 15 ft trailer defines him as a pro. His attitude sucks. He is cocky, arrogant, and fugly. I might just find him and steal that cat he rolls around with.

I'm going to check this one out. I'm on my company paid staycation this week. YEA!!!! :bootyshake:

I was going to use that line.

IRT is terrible. Shipping Wars is just as bad. I was watching it last night and that dude with the long grey hair irritates me beyond belief. Why does he think driving a dually hooked to a 15 ft trailer defines him as a pro. His attitude sucks. He is cocky, arrogant, and fugly. I might just find him and steal that cat he rolls around with.

I'm going to check this one out. I'm on my company paid staycation this week. YEA!!!! :bootyshake:

THANK YOU!!!

See, looks like I'm not the only one who shares the same exact sentiments. :)

No sir, you are not the only one. I don't care for him or his yellow teeth, long greasy hair, and that crappy dually that has 5 bad fuel injectors. Dude, get your truck fixed.

No sir, you are not the only one. I don't care for him or his yellow teeth, long greasy hair, and that crappy dually that has 5 bad fuel injectors. Dude, get your truck fixed.

The "talent" agent should be barred from picking out contestants for these shows, or however it works.

It's not that hard to find a clean cut o/o either.

Its pandering for the 4 wheel couch jockeys

That's the demograpchic there trying 2 get

They don't try a get the drivers

They want those that sleep in non motorized structure

Something tht resesmbles or house,aprt,or some kinda chanty

Its pandering for the 4 wheel couch jockeys

That's the demograpchic there trying 2 get

They don't try a get the drivers

They want those that sleep in non motorized structure

Something tht resesmbles or house,aprt,or some kinda chanty

The networks have probably assumed that casting a cast of drivers who quietly accomplish their tasks would make for low ratings, so they seem to seek out the ones that are just prone to drama and bull****. Watch on one of those shows when a tire blows out for example: "Ah ****. Ah ****. ****, I blew out a tire blah blah etc."

Not only does it make for completely boring television, but these shows oftentimes paint a negative picture on truck drivers in general. Not everyone is like that.

The networks have probably assumed that casting a cast of drivers who quietly accomplish their tasks would make for low ratings, so they seem to seek out the ones that are just prone to drama and bull****. Watch on one of those shows when a tire blows out for example: "Ah ****. Ah ****. ****, I blew out a tire blah blah etc."

Not only does it make for completely boring television, but these shows oftentimes paint a negative picture on truck drivers in general. Not everyone is like that.

Thts why I quit watching ice road smuckers

It was just insulting after awhile with the teary eyed whoa man in there

Try 2 spice it up with sum eye candy......and the shakey camera effect plz drives me nutts

They mite as well start playin the music from the movie psycho

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread