See stupid steering wheel holder? Snap a pic and post it!

I-44 follies in Rolla today...
IMG_20191114_154035378.jpg

View attachment 53404

View attachment 53403

F*ing inbred hicks and their stupid excuses like "this the way mah grand-pappy always dun did it".

Then today there's this:

View attachment 53405

"an admin turned off commenting on this post". 🙄
I mean ratchet straps that can hold a car are fine for a tractor too.

Problem is these hicks wanna use the 4 for $9.99 Harbor Freight ones, and they're barely good enough for a lawn mower. They don't do anything to protect them from sharp edges either.

I mean ratchet straps that can hold a car are fine for a tractor too.
For that size of tractor, yes.

Problem is these hicks wanna use the 4 for $9.99 Harbor Freight ones, and they're barely good enough for a lawn mower. They don't do anything to protect them from sharp edges either.
Or they just throw them across the top and go.

Screenshot_20191130-185414_Chrome.jpg

I see that stupidity in that group all the time.

For that size of tractor, yes.

Or they just throw them across the top and go.

View attachment 53406

I see that stupidity in that group all the time.
I have straps with 3300 lb working load each.

My understanding is that four combined (eg one for each corner) provides over 12k of securement.

If someone can tell me I'm wrong before I get a gooseneck and haul that heavy I'd appreciate it. 😂

I have straps with 3300 lb working load each.

My understanding is that four combined (eg one for each corner) provides over 12k of securement.

If someone can tell me I'm wrong before I get a gooseneck and haul that heavy I'd appreciate it. 😂
Two of those around the axle pulling aft, and two on the front axle pulling forward, yer good to go.

Thats how I've done everything so far. Just haven't had anything heavier than the Navigator yet. It's only about 5500-5800lbs.
For the stuff you're planning on doing I would suggest you get some J hooks. They make securing things with axles a lot easier. I know Northern tools carriers some. Other than that you might need to look online where tow trucks get stuff.

For the stuff you're planning on doing I would suggest you get some J hooks. They make securing things with axles a lot easier. I know Northern tools carriers some. Other than that you might need to look online where tow trucks get stuff.
You mean the little ones that go into the oval slots in the frames, or the big ones that make you look like a pirate?

You mean the little ones that go into the oval slots in the frames, or the big ones that make you look like a pirate?
Big ones that make you look like a pirate. Hook them over the axle or control arm. Plus you can act like a pirate. Eye patches are cool too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread