'Scuse me.... I just finished my 30 and now ... (complete the sentence)

We got this 30 minute deal because drivers insisted they could not take breaks.

Can anyone come up with the demographic on the above mentioned "drivers"??

My bet.... union, paid by the hour, locals.

Hell go read OOIDA's comments on the NPRM.

I'll paraphrase:

Drivers are forced by the restrictions placed on the split sleeper berth to operate without needed restbreaks.

Now that was a lie, and we are punished for it by the 30 minute break now mandated by regulation. Oh they were not alone, there was a running theme permeating the public comments about the HOS forcing people to drive. It is why I council people to consider their statements before posting them.

Hell go read Orida's comments on the NPRM.

I'll paraphrase:

Drivers are forced by the restrictions placed on the split sleeper berth to operate without needed restbreaks.

Now that was a lie, and we are punished for it by the 30 minute break now mandated by regulation. Oh they were not alone, there was a running theme permeating the public comments about the HOS forcing people to drive. It is why I council people to consider their statements before posting them.
That's my point... The HOS interpretation is subject to a variety of meanings depending on who is reading the rule and how they see each comma, "", >, <, =,...

I dealt with a lot of building inspectors in my life and every city seemed to have a different take on every dot.dot.dot...... Clarifying those dot.dot.dots...... was a challenge that led me to the state office on more than one occasion.

Problem with doing that is none of us in this business has the means, time, or money to challenge any jurisdiction that has a propensity to mis-interpret the rule. That's what OOIDA was/is supposed to do but I'm with some here that feel OOIDA has jumped fence to a degree.

That's my point... The HOS interpretation is subject to a variety of meanings depending on who is reading the rule and how they see each comma, "", >, <, =,...

I dealt with a lot of building inspectors in my life and every city seemed to have a different take on every dot.dot.dot...... Clarifying those dot.dot.dots...... was a challenge that led me to the state office on more than one occasion.

Problem with doing that is none of us in this business has the means, time, or money to challenge any jurisdiction that has a propensity to mis-interpret the rule. That's what OOIDA was/is supposed to do but I'm with some here that feel OOIDA has jumped fence to a degree.
And when you get busted and your in the right you DataQ your problem, if that fails DataQ it again, and again and again.

I took my 30-minute break...

...and it had absolutely no effect on my day or week. I take breaks anyway. So, what, if I have to wait another five minutes to move. I won't kill my day. If five minutes is going to kill my day, it was dead before I started.

People have way too much time on their hands to be editing 40 year old Sesame Street videos.

And yes @Tazz I've said for years people need to QUIT whining about HOS, because the government does NOT have the answers. I remember when we ran under the old system, and before they settled on what we got now, the government came up with two plans that were totally absurd.

STOP looking to the government for answers. STOP.

I hope my capitalization emphasized the right STUFF. this TIME though I PROBABLY should have used ITALICS or BOLD.

That 30 from yesterday caused a half hour delay to my start time today.

The 30 I took today was absorbed while having valet complete a drop n hook but I'm one half hour behind schedule. So start time tomorrow will be delayed by.....

One Half Hour!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread