Running Canada / U.S. for the first time in 20 years

Canada Customs and my Buddy is at the window with a load of P&G Tampons.
Customs, What do you have?
Buddy, Man hole covers. :rolllaugh:
She didn't even blink, Okay so, Tampons.:rolllaugh:She must have heard that one before!

Another thing to know is on the U.S. if your load clears you will be sent on your way with no paper. If you are sent to secondary there will be something written in red pen. once you clear you will be on your way. with no paper.

In Canada your paper will be stamped by Canada Customs. You are going to want to keep this paper and hand it in to your company. Your company needs to keep this on file in case, for what ever reason Customs comes back on the company. This is for your protection to prove the load did indeed clear.
Red pen? Can they get any scarier? Sheesh.

Can anyone shed some light on what I need to know, what to expect, etc.. Starting an OTR job late next week and want to make sure I know what I need to know. (Last question, I swear :) )
Your mileage may vary, and maybe wait until your in your own truck. I bought one of those steering wheel clipboard doo-dads. I carry a stapler, staple remover, small ruler and a calculator. Also paper clips and brown paper envelopes.

All my company docs go in one of these. Keeps them organized.

Any receipts I acquire along the way go in a brown paper envelope and stay hidden in the bunk.

Current BOL and accompanying paper work stays on the dash on my clipboard. Clipboard works great for doing the customs paperwork. I just finished doing mine for tomorrow morning. Sure enough, someone somewhere missed something stupid so dispatch is working to fix it now, instead of tomorrow when I need to be crossing.

****ers :thefinger:

Sure enough, someone somewhere missed something stupid so dispatch is working to fix it now, instead of tomorrow when I need to be crossing.

****ers :thefinger:
That sucks! Have a good run! Thanks for all the great tips! Organization can take a lot of the stress out of things, and like @Rigjockey says, if you aren't having fun, there ain't no point in trucking!

That sucks! Have a good run! Thanks for all the great tips! Organization can take a lot of the stress out of things, and like @Rigjockey says, if you aren't having fun, there ain't no point in trucking!
We went 5 miles into the Great Satan, delivered, turned around and went back to the barn

“Longhaul” trucking :coocoo:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread