Reason # 74 to keep your CB ON!

Still a convenience, not a need. You choose to use one, great. I'm not saying it's an evil device, and I won't tell someone not to use it. But I have had a few people try to say I was less of a professional because of my choice not to use it. That ticks me off.

I'm sure those drivers stuck on I40 got where they were going. And anyone who has driven for more than 2 weeks knows construction on I40 in AR means a killer backup. Though there was a time or two I jumped off onto US70 and that turned out to be just as backed up as the interstate. Glad you had clear sailing.

P.S. I wore fingerless gloves, too. What do y'all have to say about that?
Couldn't afford full coverage....eh?

LOL

Usually when drivers say you have a 20 mile backup, it's more like a 2 mile backup and the detour would have taken longer.

You got warning signs 50 miles before that I-40 construction, telling you to take an alternate route, and it is almost always backed up. You didn't need a CB for that one ;)

I have a hand saw...

View attachment 20233

I also have a circular saw...

View attachment 20234

I have a table saw...

View attachment 20235

and a slide compound Mitre saw...

View attachment 20236

a jig saw..

View attachment 20237

a band saw..

BAND_SAW.JPG

Decisions, decisions......
View attachment 20233View attachment 20234View attachment 20235View attachment 20236View attachment 20237

Usually when drivers say you have a 20 mile backup, it's more like a 2 mile backup and the detour would have taken longer.

You got warning signs 50 miles before that I-40 construction, telling you to take an alternate route, and it is almost always backed up. You didn't need a CB for that one ;)
Yeah your right about the 20 mile only being 2 miles, some woman I know tell me a lot of males have a hard time measuring small things.
But usually when the opposite side is telling the same thing over the course of 20 miles before you get to the back up its a safe bet its real.
And beings there was 2 rear end crashs and a broke down car in the construction we didnt take a chance. We didnt even wait til the 216 exit and got off at the 221

FYI, it's backed up to the 216 again today. Luckily, I have the option to just jump off and catch 79 all the way to the yard

That stretch of I40 really needs to be 3 lane, at least. It's crowded during normal operation, anytime something goes wrong it's an absolute disaster area.

That stretch of I40 really needs to be 3 lane, at least. It's crowded during normal operation, anytime something goes wrong it's an absolute disaster area.

I-64 from Richmond to Norfolk should be 3+ lanes.

It's only 1 lane now for several miles due to construction.

I don't even own a CB. Who needs them? If you can't see my middle finger, marker flash, or headlights, you shouldn't be driving.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread