Reason number 21 to have a CB radio truned ON

I do not even have a CB. I once had a truck with a company CB in it, and I would turn it on occasionally. I never once got useful information off it. Instead I got a lot of "hey, look at that Swift driver! I'd like to have that in the back of my truck!" and similar moronic observations. Also, I will not look over if you pace me or honk at me. Same reason- too many creeps leering or giving me the thumbs up. I don't want to see it or hear it, you will be ignored even if you get right in my face and say that kind of crap.

I will take my chances with the equipment. Most of the time I know what's wrong, anyway. I'm just trying to get to a safe place to fix it. Like the time my pigtail came unplugged on I70 in PA. I was only a couple miles from the Flying J, so I exited there and fixed it. I hate parking on the road if I don't need to. But for those last couple miles I had a driver pace me trying to get me to turn the CB on, blocking traffic from passing so that a whole bunch of trucks were backed up behind us, creating an even more dangerous situation when I went to exit. No matter how many times I motioned him on, he refused to pass me and get out of the way.

Never really understood what went thru some drivers heads when they did things like that. What were they really expecting? seriously? it has to be tough being a female driver out there and hearing all the disrespectful comments and rude jesters.

A can hauler was going down the road with an outside flat, Another driver tried to get him on the C.B.No response. I tried to call him,No response. I got up beside him and mad hand gestures that he had a flat. Finally he turned his radio on and asked me which tire was flat. I told him the outside rear trailer tire on the right side was coming off the rim.

The fact that he new just from my hand gestures that it was a flat makes me think he already knew. He got off at the next exit but didn't stop.So I think that was his exit and he was just going to drop the can and leave the tire problem for someone else.

That used to **** me off to no end when i'd get a trailer with a flat tire already on it. Amazing how many will do that because they don't want to mess with dispatch or a road call. I always did it. and seemed like it always happened in jersey, either picking up a trailer with a blown tire or i'd get one.

There was a time when driving at night if you had a head light out every other driver told you via the radio it was out and you couldn't wait til you replaced it so they would quit telling you about it. Now you can drive all night with it out and be damn lucky to get someone to say anything about it.

Its called looking out for one another, its a shame that it to is becoming a lost art in this industry.
I find it funny as drivers we are now more prone to talking with one another thru internet forums more so than a CB radio.

your so right. reminds of a little something. let me go grab it and share it........................

I'm just trying to get to a safe place to fix it. . . . . I hate parking on the road if I don't need to.

Great plan.

I will never stop on the shoulder of the interstate unless the rig will not go any further. If I get a flat, or multiple flats, I will drag it as far as I need to to get off to a safe place.

If I get pulled over, I slow down, put on the 4-ways and drive to the next exit. Most officers understand, and don't even question it.

People on the highway hardly even move over when someone is on the shoulder, and even then, it is a bad place to be.

And I notice a lot of the drivers for the "starter" companies pulled over looking at their map book, or placing a call, or even just stopping to get into the back for something. This is a very unsafe, stupid thing to do. Someone else can come along, and drift just a little bit and then you're on the six 'oclock news.

I find it funny as drivers we are now more prone to talking with one another thru internet forums more so than a CB radio.

One driver told me recently that he keeps in touch with other drivers via cell phone.

So I asked him why he didn't have his phone number on the back door of his trailer.

There was a time when driving at night if you had a head light out every other driver told you via the radio it was out and you couldn't wait til you replaced it so they would quit telling you about it. Now you can drive all night with it out and be damn lucky to get someone to say anything about it.

Its called looking out for one another, its a shame that it to is becoming a lost art in this industry.

I hope it aint a pile of :poo:!!! You have been farting and crapping in a lot of post today. LMAO

LOL seriously LOL. What you said reminded me of this song. listen to the words.

Spose - I'm Awesome - YouTube

That used to **** me off to no end when i'd get a trailer with a flat tire already on it. Amazing how many will do that because they don't want to mess with dispatch or a road call. I always did it. and seemed like it always happened in jersey, either picking up a trailer with a blown tire or i'd get one.
I have had those.I had one where I picked up the trailer and a light was out.Ok I popped out the light to see if it came unplugged from the harness.Nope it was plugged in. I pulled the wires out further to see if I could see a broken wire.Nope,What I found was a disfunctional birds nest of wires taped up with clear scotch tape.Now thell me the driver didn't know about that?

The worst part is, We have a Post-trip Macro.All the driver has to do is fill it out,Indicate the problem and dispatch will get it fixed before the next driver comes to use that trailer.

There are times when I would love that!

Well yeah for you but its kinda hard to do that rolling down the highway at 75mph.

Come to think about I believe there might one member here that does that. Sometimes you cant make head nor tail of his posts.:rolllaugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread