Possum stew, anyone?

Maybe possums spawned from the deepest reaches of Hell.....

**** that. Can you imagine shooting that thing at point blank range with a shotgun and it STILL takes off running? I would freak the **** out then! :flame: :spider:
A few years ago I was mowing and moved my daughter's swimming pool.... OK; so a lot of years ago... LOL There was a snake that got very aggressive with me. It was almost dark and I told my wife come hold the flashlight for me... when she seen snake... flashlight went in the air as she retreated to the house... I had a shovel and this snake was striking it. I could hear it hitting the shovel hard. I have never seen a snake charge like this and it was not a racer (blue or black) I went ahead and killed it before I could identify it. I cut it's head off. Took it in the garage and laid it out straight and went in the house and googled it to try to determine what it was. When I came back it was coiled like a rattler and it was poised to strike without a head. Needless to say.. this denomic snake was beat to death again and cut in pieces and tossed out in the ditch....

One time when I was little, some BIG snake, possibly somebody's escaped boa, was in the driveway & my sister ran & got my mom. My mom saw that I was standing about 10 ft away from it & her mama-bear instinct took over & she hacked it up into pieces with a garden hoe.

When younger, I used to catch rattlesnakes all the time. I caught many big ones. I used to wander the cow pastures behind the house. I ran into all kinds of snakes. I'm careful, but have no fear of snakes. Where I live, we had all of the posionous snakes in the US. I guess I dislike water moccasins the most. While walking along the creek bed, you can't always see them. I remember one time running across a sandbar, I jumped over what I thought was a tree limb, nope, it was a water moccasin. We have all heard the stories of water moccasins swarming over swimmers. I have never seen it, but who knows.

There's a couple of flooded quarries in Lemont, IL. We used to drive my pickup down some jeep trails to get to the back side where the cops couldn't get to with their cars, and we'd hang out on my raft. One time we saw a big-ass snake hanging out on a rock, and when we got close, my friend Eric threw a beer can at it and it swam into the water right towards us. In the other quarry next to it, there's a bluff we used to jump off of, about 30 feet above the water. I was NEVER the first one to jump, and I'd always climb down the cliff and grab some rocks and throw them in the water first to scare off the snakes. One time my friend jumped in without throwing rocks in first, and a snake was on the surface swimming towards him in "attack mode" or something and my other friend nailed it with a rock. I refused to go in the water that day but the other guys did. I stayed at the top of the cliff with the girls.

Maybe possums spawned from the deepest reaches of Hell.....

**** that. Can you imagine shooting that thing at point blank range with a shotgun and it STILL takes off running? I would freak the **** out then! :flame: :spider:

I never shot any animal with my siaga tho with dbl. OO buckshot it would a splatter. @ close range

Amazingly, don't really see alot of snakes here. Seen more gators than snakes, think its because so many cats running around everywhere here. Gators are cool tho, don't bother ya, just look at you to make sure you don't bother them.

Amazingly, don't really see alot of snakes here. Seen more gators than snakes, think its because so many cats running around everywhere here. Gators are cool tho, don't bother ya, just look at you to make sure you don't bother them.

I've never seen a gator except at the zoo. If I ever saw one and there was no cage between me and the gator, I'd probably blow it's head off with a 12 gauge slug.

They are actually pretty cool. Remind of the dinosaurs the way it walks and looks. Ther'yr laid back. Just be careful if you ever here them hiss, means its a female and she has young near by. Shes mean so get out of there slowly but quickly. Been within 5 ft from them and just sat there looking at it and talking to it. They can lunge in a blink of an eye there body length so watch out. Got one in the river by my parents house.

I'd seriously blow it's head off if I saw one outside of a zoo.

Some of the places I deliver in Texas have signs up saying don't feed the gators. I saw a real but dead gator on the road down there.

But thats illegal . But gator meat is good too as long as you cook the gaminess out of it.

Whoever made it illegal to blow the heads off of 20 foot long man-eating lizards should have his head blown off too. Damn PETA freaks probably.

Go across alligator alley in south florida. You'll see them just laying beside the highway sunning themselves.

Gators are cool tho, don't bother ya, just look at you to make sure you don't bother them.

Yep

I've never seen a gator except at the zoo. If I ever saw one and there was no cage between me and the gator, I'd probably blow it's head off with a 12 gauge slug.

LOL

They are actually pretty cool. Remind of the dinosaurs the way it walks and looks. Ther'yr laid back. Just be careful if you ever here them hiss, means its a female and she has young near by. Shes mean so get out of there slowly but quickly. Been within 5 ft from them and just sat there looking at it and talking to it. They can lunge in a blink of an eye there body length so watch out. Got one in the river by my parents house.

I've seen quite a few, and a couple REAL close, by accident of course.
There's almost no way to be on a lake in florida and not have a gator around, they're everywhere.
It's more fun to see them when you're in a boat, rather than just swimming. They kinda creep you out when they go under cuz in the back of your mind even though they were probably trying to get out of sight and go the other way.......you're just not 100% sure.

One time Becka and i went canoeing down the Wekiva river and were just checking out all the wildlife. It was spring time and it was like a nursery with all the baby critters around.
I was trying to pick my way thru the tall grass and get back to the main channel when I saw we were heading towards a horseshoe opening close to the bank. I knew right away that looked like a gator nest and didn't want to disturb Mama. I was keeping my eye on the nest and quietly paddling back towards the middle of the river, not saying anything to Becka except, "Let's head back this way"..............when a 5 or 6 footer started rolling right next to the canoe.
Scared the fool outta me!
She was right next to us and never saw her but she sure let us know we were in her space.

I'd seriously blow it's head off if I saw one outside of a zoo.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Might have something to do with the fact your .45acp was still hauling butt and didn't have time to expand upon impact ;).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread