Part Time or Night/Weekend Loads?

gsr46r

I am very close to quitting my communist job, but want to give trucking a shot before I do, just to make sure I don't hate it and can follow through with my plan. So far, i like the idea of being my own boss, being by myself and making better money. I just want to make sure I don't hate driving.

My plan is to buy a box truck (Kenworth T300) and try driving it for a month before I quit my job. This means weekends (I could swing a monday to make it a 3 day weekend if I have to) or after 4 pm weekdays. I have to be at work the next morning at 7:20 am to kick it with the communists and show my excellence by arriving 10 minutes before my shift.

Do the load boards offer loads around my schedule? Again my I work from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday thru friday, so I'd have to get the loads and deliver them outside of these times.

Thanks

I think for something like this that finding a courier outfit I'm your area would be good. That company might have loads you're thinking about. Finding them in a load board is a long stretch.

What state are you in?

Thanks- I live in DFW.
You should be able to find an outfit that does city freight. Talk to them and see what they offer.

There was an outfit near me that used tiny Isuzu pickups to run around in the middle of the night and pick up those plastic totes they use in stores.

All sorts of different things happen all hours of the day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread