Out of the few

Joker24

If a person has to use one of the companies that sponsors students for CDL training... Which one or two companies would be at the top of the list out of the few that do so?

Thanks in advance

I didn't think they did, but I was wondering if they might send you to a contract school like some of the other companies.

What other companies hire you and send you to a contract school besides USA? I haven't run across any others that do this.

How Far Are You Going Today?

It says that on the back door of every USA Trucking trailer. I know that because I pass them all day long, day after day. Once as I was passing one I called him over the two way and asked him how many miles he could get in a day at 62 miles an hour. I was only joking with him and didn't mean it maliciously. He actually struck up a conversation with me, and lamented he was looking for a different company to drive for.

This guy and several other drivers I have talked with who drive for USA say the same thing.

No miles.

One guy I talked with last month told me they had been running him back and forth from Georgia to North Carolina a couple times a week, and kept giving him the same loads which always caused him to have to sit a day or two each trip before delivery. About 250 to 300 miles a week he said.

He is also looking for another job.

Aren't most companies trucks governed anywhere between 62 and 68 mph?

What other companies hire you and send you to a contract school besides USA? I haven't run across any others that do this.
P.A.M. Transport does. Crst also uses C1 sometimes depending on where you live. Be careful if you go that route because sometimes the companies will drop you for one reason or another before you get your cdl. If that happens and you continue on until you get your cdl, there are some companies that will hire you and train you as long as you have your cdl.

P.A.M. Transport does. Crst also uses C1 sometimes depending on where you live. Be careful if you go that route because sometimes the companies will drop you for one reason or another before you get your cdl. If that happens and you continue on until you get your cdl, there are some companies that will hire you and train you as long as you have your cdl.

Yeah that's right. I forgot about P.A.M. that also has an agreement with Driver Solutions/ C1.

I think I mentioned Werner earlier but that was my bad. I think you have to already have a cdl before they hire you, but they will train you once you get your cdl.

If you can go to a community college truck driving school they usually have several companies come in and talk to students. Many reimburse tuition.

You also might want to check out Central. They have a school in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread