Otr pay sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you drive for???
If I decide to quit I will give that info .but basically, a large carrier.

My point was that you don’t need a trade certification to make more with this pay rate. Idk if you caught that. Also you should learn to use quotations properly.

Could've shoulve woodas..

Ask anybody here I used to be the biggest "Whiner" and Complainer ...

Awhile ago had an "Epithany" and realized my true "Lot" in Life and learned 2 "accept" that....

Don't take that the wrong way either...

I "used" to have Hopes and Dreams..

By about age 35 I fully realized that ain't "Happening"

Granted most of that's "My Own Fault" there I "admitted" That too

Had I made some better "Choices" years ago I wouldn't be here

Nonetheless I also "Learned" to WORK with what I do Have and quite "Honestly" I gotta say it ain't such a bad life..

By the way “uncle” berry “you” how did that “epithimy” thing go?
It doesn't necessarily go....

Rather it comes to ya but doesn't exactly call first or knock on the door "announce" itself

Just something that sort of takes place and ya either pick up on it or ya don't and just passes on

I understand that doesn't make much sense although that is the "best" that I can explain It

If I decide to quit I will give that info .but basically, a large carrier.
You needed to make a better decision before you got started.

Choosing a big carrier is a bad choise. There are much better ways to get in the industry.

That's probably part of the problem. Just wondering, because some of them are known throughout the industry fo
You needed to make a better decision before you got started.

Choosing a big carrier is a bad choise. There are much better ways to get in the industry.

Another "way" is Laid-Off Unemployment Food Stamp Card go to County Job Service..

Gotta work through Red Tape it's State Government.

Afterward Workforce Development will classify ya as "Re-Training" and Paid for my Trucking School

1)
I have 4 months experience. After tax it’s only like 500-650 a week which is very ****ty.

I got into this business to make money and am starting to feel like there isn’t much money to be made.

i understand I’m new and don’t expect to make a ton but I’ve been looking at a lot of companies and most don’t pay very well even for experienced drivers. I’m starting to regret wasting my time doing this:
2)
I feel like I’m worth more than 900 a week.

I was told the average driver makes 48k their first year where I am working. But that was a lie obviously.

1) with only 4 months in, you're lucky that you are earning as much as you are. remember, you are still inexperienced as far as 4 seasons driving. not to mention maybe not any or not enough driving thru the mountain regions.

2) no, you are NOT worth more money right now. you are still an unknown quantity, and your experience level isn't like many others, THAT are getting more each week.

you were "told" the average driver makes $48 K a year?

even at $900 per week, that'll be at least $46,800 a year (that's at least for a 52 week year) , so you are VERY CLOSE to that $48 K with any extras you are earning along side you miles pay.

"most companies don't pay well for experienced drivers"?

there are MANY that do. if a person seeks out a low paying company, a person will find a low paying company.

once you get at the very least 1 employer, 1 year all seasons, never late, no damage claims, now accidents, tickets, etc, THEN you are on your way to well over $50K a year, then too, it all depends on what segment of trucking you want, dry van, reefer, HHG, heavy haul, etc,etc.

i been in this game over 40 years now, i do quite well, at my dedicated customer account route, at 5 nights a week, home weekends, all holidays off, and on average an 8.5 to 9.5 night (depending on the weather), and i worked my way over the years, to obtain cherry jobs, this is not my first such sweet job..

you seem to want one like that, right out of the gate.

i've seen it all before.

no one willing to put in the time it takes to prove himself a good, reliable SAFE driver.

No one pays top dollar for student/rookie drivers, even the LTL’s. Get a few years of safe driving under your belt with consistent employment history and then you can start bitching about pay.

At .43 to .45 cpm, you should be bringing home a grand a week unless you have some heavy deductions. 3000 miles at .45 is 1350 a week gross. Of course I guess between Uncle Sam and insurance rates for some today, that could create a fairly large dent in that. I'm L/P, I pay medical expenses up front instead of insurance and as long as the O/O per diem holds, I only pay around $1100 a year in taxes. My net last year was $75000. If I were not able to claim almost every receipt and had to pay for health insurance that number would be considerably lower. Around 15000 less for insurance and around 4000 for taxes so closer to $56000 give or take.

My point was that you don’t need a trade certification to make more with this pay rate. Idk if you caught that. Also you should learn to use quotations properly.
you need exp. once you get that doors will start opening up and the pay rate goes up to just like any other job!!!

Idk where you are from but 900 for 70 hours of work is bad. In my state it’s borderline min wage. And on top of that I log some of my duty’s as off duty just to keep my clock available. I have to constantly keep on my pay to make sure it’s accurate. I have to work alternating hours, I am doing safety sensitive work, I don’t get to go home often, I am risking citations. The list goes on...

You can get two fast food jobs and make same amount of money working Monday thru Friday and have weekend off and sleep in your own bed.
Try LTL if ya can find an outfit to take ya. Youll do a heluva lot better than 900 clams for 70 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread