Non-censored sub forum

Truckers Forum 2.0 lol
Wait..........didnt we go through that a couple months ago with the move to Xenfrorororo? I hate boxing all my stuff up just to move again!

The other topics are great, just a matter of keeping them where they belong and not derailing other threads.

Turning point? Maybe so. Truckers Forum 2.0 lol

I think it is time to increase the focus on growth though.

Nuttin' from Nuttin' Bwana but I thought we were supposed to be losing our "growth" so the new driver fitness doesn't get us all:hide:

I do often wonder what happens to guys like the old guy in Delaware, and the kid that went to US Express DG account. Heck even @RACEFAN barely gets on and @Micabay is a ghost. Seems like once they get going or drop out they disappear.

Not real sure how to change that. I am just commenting all of those were treated pretty well I thought, given sound advice, and as far as I remember not derailed. I only point that out as it may not just be those factors scaring people.

By the way is this thread still on the rails? Just asking:dunno:

Wow! I haven't read every post on this thread but of the ones I did read it seems like the majority wants anything not directly trucking kept off here. I come to this forum because my interests ............... Oh never mind, I drive a truck, the same truck every day, I haul big oversize loads and don't give a rats rear about the new HOS rules because I make close to 6 figures and I never get anywhere near 70 hours. My interests are not trucking, they are pictures and flying thingies. I can take my interests elsewhere and since my job doesn't interest me I guess I'm done posting here.

Wow! I haven't read every post on this thread but of the ones I did read it seems like the majority wants anything not directly trucking kept off here. I come to this forum because my interests ............... Oh never mind, I drive a truck, the same truck every day, I haul big oversize loads and don't give a rats rear about the new HOS rules because I make close to 6 figures and I never get anywhere near 70 hours. My interests are not trucking, they are pictures and flying thingies. I can take my interests elsewhere and since my job doesn't interest me I guess I'm done posting here.
The majority don't want a "bathroom wall" section. Nobody's saying they don't want non-trucking related content, we're just saying that content that IS trucking related is what draws new members to the forum. Stuff that comes up in Google searches.

There ain't nothing wrong with non-trucking related content.

For an idea on how many people enjoy your discussions of your RC choppers & stuff, go back to those posts & look at the "likes" on them. There are lots.

The majority havent even posted in this thread.

I think the majority want to see threads remain on topic and not derailed with personal and egotistical nonsense.

most here enjoy off topic discussions, but get tired of it derailing other threads.

In a nutshell, we have to increase moderation. We e also have to do other things that will promote a more active environment.

LOL, I try to read the bible pretty regularly. May seem strange to some of yall, but that is just how I roll. I often will read a few verses before going to sleep, or in the morning before I start my day, and having it right there on the phone is pretty convenient.

I also, have a Bible app on my phone, keep a Bible in my truck, I am not a Christian, nor go to church, I also enjoy reading a few verses myself.

Nuttin' from Nuttin' Bwana but I thought we were supposed to be losing our "growth" so the new driver fitness doesn't get us all:hide:

I do often wonder what happens to guys like the old guy in Delaware, and the kid that went to US Express DG account. Heck even @RACEFAN barely gets on and @Micabay is a ghost. Seems like once they get going or drop out they disappear.

Not real sure how to change that. I am just commenting all of those were treated pretty well I thought, given sound advice, and as far as I remember not derailed. I only point that out as it may not just be those factors scaring people.

By the way is this thread still on the rails? Just asking:dunno:

I can't speak for others, but my recent absence has nothing to do with the quality of content or the way I've been treated here.
I have been treated very well by nearly everyone here, and have learned a ton. (more like 40 tons...lol)

As much as I love this place, my paying job has to take top priority.

In the beginning I was going to school and had a lot more free time on my hands to be able to come here to share and learn.

Once I started driving, I still came on often to update my 20 and add my two cents to many threads.

Lately, I have been trying to chime in more often, but honestly I have been runnin my ass off and have been very tired at the end of each day, and my brain is fried.
It has seemed like I can't get as much sleep as I used to. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that since summer started, at every friggen truckstop everyone is idling and I have a hard time getting to sleep. Once I am asleep though, it is a deep sleep.

I do know that Micabay doesn't drive truck anymore, but he still chimes in on occasion and that tells me that he still enjoys coming here.

@RACEFAN
It takes a while, but you will get used to the lack of sleep. Not sure if I could ever get used to sleeping with the truck off though because the slightest noise wakes me up. (thank you USMC)

Back to the activity level. I will consider this site a success when no matter which truck stop I park at for the night, there will be a truckersforum.net member there to eat dinner with. Is that a reach? :)

@RACEFAN
It takes a while, but you will get used to the lack of sleep. Not sure if I could ever get used to sleeping with the truck off though because the slightest noise wakes me up. (thank you USMC)

Back to the activity level. I will consider this site a success when no matter which truck stop I park at for the night, there will be a truckersforum.net member there to eat dinner with. Is that a reach? :)

I think that is achievable.

Just today, I had a driver come up to me while I was fueling. He asked me about the new 34 reset rule, and I gave him some good advice.........

.....First, I explained some of the rule to him to the best of my ability.

...........THEN.........

I asked if he had internet access... he said yes...... then I said ........

Great!! I then told him about this site and told him there is currently a few really good threads here discussing particulars on the new HOS rules.
He saved the web address on his phone and said he would check us out.

Do I get a merit badge? LOL / JK.

Seriously though, this was not the first time I have referred other drivers to come here.

If each of us did that, it would help achieve your dinner conversations goal.:thumbsup-80:

I will even be so nice as to copy them here:
  • Personal Attack (a night in the box)
  • Bullying (a night in the box)
  • Signature Rule Violation (a night in the box)
  • Inappropriate Language/Dodging Word Censor (a night in the box)
  • ****ography (a night in the box)
  • Inappropriate content (a paddlin')
  • Copyright Infringement (a paddlin')
  • Trolling (a paddlin')
  • Using Multiple Accounts, Aliases (I'll kill you)
  • Insulting/Mocking Moderators (I'll kill you) (refer any moderator complaints to admin, not publicly on the forum)
  • Advertising/Website Promotion (I'll kill you)
  • Promoting A Competing Forum (I'll kill you)
  • Custom Infractions not covered above (a night in the box, a paddlin AND I'll kill you)

:stare1:

DUDE!!
I don't even know who you are anymore!!!
[SIGH]

@RACEFAN I wasn't picking just noticing. We know your stashing away cash cake for a rainy day.

@Mike play PATTON or Sands of Iwo:flame:

Anyone else have their airbags settle down after about 7 hours? Lets me know I forgot to dump the suspension after my walk around, but really feels like someone plowed you when your asleep:scared:

@Tazz
funny you said that because my air bags did just that last night and scared the crap out of me.

I never set my trailer brakes, not sure why I did last night but I wont make that mistake again without getting out and dumping the air in the trailer also.

@RACEFAN

Get some of these:

They sell 'em at the pharmaceutical section at Walmart.

Don't get these ones from over by the guns:

The longer bullet-shaped ones sold by the guns at Walmart are designed to stick out of your ear so that supervisors can tell you're wearing them in places like loud factories where everyone's required to wear ear plugs. They're not for sleeping because if you roll over in your sleep, they'll come out. I had some of those & I ended up taking a pair of scissors & cutting them in half so they wouldn't stick out too far.
classicfoam.jpg400.jpg

I just thought of the perfect compromise! How about "censored ****", available 24/7? We can switch moderator's daily to keep up with what's current, and still pay homage to the '70s-'80s crowd. Y'all can just bleep or blot out what's offensive! Today's technology is truly amazing! But please, photo shop where necessary...them girls had no idea about "low profile"...hack...I mean yuck...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread