newer driver

89trucker

Got my CDL-A back in May 2018, drove for Covenant for 7 months, took a 5 month break from trucking and then was hired by USA Truck. Recently got my 1 yr OTR and and on the hunt for a local or regional job elsewhere. Looking at going into tanker.

Tanker........it's what the cool kids pull.

Seriously, find yerself a good gas hauling job and you will never look back.
The job is criminally easy, pays good and you're home every day.

Plus, you can join in the fun of goofing on all the mooks on this board who do not pull tanks!

Oh yeah, welcome, and all that other nonsense.

Plus, you can join in the fun of goofing on all the mooks on this board who do not pull tanks!

If this guy can do it, anyone can!

😁

IMO, one can get tired from hauling gas to service stations, especially the ones that have fills that seem to attract parked cars. And if bulk plants are like they were prior to the 1970's one could get tired from stumbling around at night lining up hoses, manifolds, fittings, pumps, and pipes. Better to haul acid and alum where the consignee people almost always know what they're doing. Of course, if you haul acid, alum, and caustic, you might miss the fringe benefit of checking out the gas station hotties -- assuming there are any.

yea can you just see the senerios with all the nuts sleeping in the bunk and screwing off on there tablets phones watching pron going down the freeway ignoring the alarms as the truck is driving itself:confused-96: :coocoo: :rolllaugh3: and self driving anything needs a good 5G connection since our 4G lte can't handle things like that
Not at night.

IMO, one can get tired from hauling gas to service stations, especially the ones that have fills that seem to attract parked cars. And if bulk plants are like they were prior to the 1970's one could get tired from stumbling around at night lining up hoses, manifolds, fittings, pumps, and pipes. Better to haul acid and alum where the consignee people almost always know what they're doing. Of course, if you haul acid, alum, and caustic, you might miss the fringe benefit of checking out the gas station hotties -- assuming there are any.
Dunno.......I read some of what @Sinister went thru in his tank days hauling shit like yer talking.
No thanks.
Did I mention how freakin' easy this gas gig is?
I like my work just like I like my wimmins.......easy.

"Gas station hotties" :rolllaugh3:

Dunno.......I read some of what @Sinister went thru in his tank days hauling **** like yer talking.
No thanks.
Did I mention how freakin' easy this gas gig is?
I like my work just like I like my wimmins.......easy.

"Gas station hotties" :rolllaugh3:
You're likely right about how straightforward it is to haul gas and diesel. These days clearance for trucks seems to be accounted for in station design.

Regarding hauling acid, alum, caustic, and stuff you can't pronounce: My sole claim is that oddball stuff gets you into interesting places. At this juncture feel free to remind me of how wimmen conceptualize Alaska men, to wit: "The odds are good but the goods are odd."

Haulin' gas must be so easy that you don't feel the need for more money. I should add that I went to the trouble of offering an almost sure-fire negotiating technique via a private message to only you and Injun. The reason therefor was that there may be hope for you because you got into something other than the millions of boxes and reefers all over the roads and doing so without any exposure to one of the two four-letter words of trucking: T A R P. (The other 4-letter word, I R O N, and your exposure to that word may be unavoidable.

I privately messaged Injun the same technique because it might reinforce her claim of ingenuity and capacity to adapt thus justifying her value to her employer.

Should you revive my "technical" message, feel free to follow it or pass it on to any of your multitude of acolytes or, more likely, none.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread