New York Thruway: Congress authorized use of truck tolls for canal system

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
The New York State Thruway Authority has filed a motion to dismiss a complaint filed by the American Trucking Associations, which claims that using truck toll revenue to fund New York canals is unconstitutional. In August 2016, a federal judge ruled in favor of ATA, but the Thruway is arguing that Congressional authority to use the toll nullifies the decision.

On Jan. 26, the Thruway argued that it was authorized to use truck tolls to pay for canals by Congress. Based on that argument, the Thruway is asking the court to vacate the order issued last August.

full story

ATA this, ATA that. This is printed in an OOIDA publication. Where is OOIDA on this? Where are all the commenters? Waiting for OOIDA to tell them what to think?

ATA this, ATA that. This is printed in an OOIDA publication. Where is OOIDA on this? Where are all the commenters? Waiting for OOIDA to tell them what to think?
sorry I would say something but this is a political issue in a non political section of the site

They've had 'call to action' alerts going back 10 years or more asking NY members to contact their state reps and thruway officials.
I recall that a couple of NY members spoke at public hearings.
A quick search will turn up dozens of opinions on OOIDA's position.

It's a news story FFS...
if OOIDA included opinions & positions on every story they ran you'd be bitching about that too.
:coocoo:

They've had 'call to action' alerts going back 10 years or more asking NY members to contact their state reps and thruway officials.
I recall that a couple of NY members spoke at public hearings.
A quick search will turn up dozens of opinions on OOIDA's position.

It's a news story FFS...
if OOIDA included opinions & positions on every story they ran you'd be *****ing about that too.
:coocoo:
I was talking about the comments section under the article.
:)

I never understood funding the Canal system. I do seem to remember making a Facebook post about how the raise in tolls would affect the cost of food in Canada.
My post went widely ignored. food prices have risen and people... well, They remain ignorant.

I think you were trolling me.
:mad:
:stirpot2:

@ironpony wants to nibble your toes.
:stare1:

dog_cat_lick_yuck_rs2.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread