new to trucking not new to trucks!

I have a park lot i use for my two friends Larry and tj lol

Oh my....

Well if its not a SNAP on i dont like it.

Dirty dirty.... Lol

Welcome to Truckers Forum countrygal, nice of you to stop by.

I was a wrench for the better part of 30 years. Snap On is about all I would buy until they started letting the Chinese make some of their tools. So I have a mix of Snap On and MAC.

I have 3 roll around tool boxes, a couple bench top chests, and several road boxes. Some Snap On, some MAC, and a Kennedy machinist's chest. All built before they all let the Chinese start making them.

Over the years I probably spent over $100,000 on tools. Shiny tools. Lots of tools.

Here is the last setup I put together. A MAC main chest with a hutch, a (Cornwell, yeah, I know!) side locker, a Snap On large screwdriver and prybar rack (on the back), and part of an office desk for the file drawer. I custom built a frame for it all, and used special spring mounted casters (from Hamilton Casters, made right here in the good old US of A) so it would all ride nice and easy while I rolled it around the shop.

Oh, and an Alpine CD/AM/FM stereo in the hutch for tunes while I was working.

Good times.

View attachment 19145

One of the trucks I used to work on, in the shop that I worked in. The bucket (mounted equipment) is built by Altec in St. Joe, MO, and is an AM-855A material handling over center unit on a double elevator platform. The unit normally has a vertical reach of 55 feet, but this one has a vertical reach of 120 feet fully extended with the elevator platform under it. When you are up in the bucket looking down the truck looks like a Matchbox toy.

View attachment 19146

View attachment 19147

View attachment 19148

The main aisle between the heavy duty and light/medium duty sides of the shop. We called this the Yellow Brick Road.

View attachment 19149
View attachment 19145View attachment 19146View attachment 19147View attachment 19148View attachment 19149

Pretty Girls are always welcome!! tired of looking at those big azz mommas at the truck stops. don't forget to exercise on your downtime

Wow, that's very nice! Love the setup of the tool boxes. I work with a mutual partner in my shop....which is a mess and i am too embarrassed to show. That tool box in the back of me and the ratchet is a graduation present from my granddaddy the one who taught me to work on semis. Rest his soul. Has over 100 k worth of snap on everything. Thanks to him. I love that lift would make life easier than lifting the rear up with my 14 ton antique of a forklift to lift the back end if a truck to slide the transmission out. Bah what a nasty job hahaha.

And about the work out thing. Its one of my favorites. I have already figured out a gameplan when i am on the road. :)

I love that lift would make life easier than lifting the rear up with my 14 ton antique of a forklift to lift the back end if a truck to slide the transmission out. Bah what a nasty job hahaha.

Yes, all those years of using 1, 2, and 3 post lifts to work on small, medium and heavy duty rigs spoiled me. About the only time In used a creeper was on road service calls.

Oh my....

Well if its not a SNAP on i dont like it.

Dirty dirty.... Lol

Snap on is overrated! Plus if you break a tool you have to wait till the Snap on guy comes back around and hope he has another one to swap out.

This galaxy note silly!! Have no computer lol :) so Tim! What do you do?

Tim does absolutely nothing!

BTW Tim, I really do want a long handled 3/4" ratchet about 4' long to close my tarp...lol

Reactions: Tim
Snap on is overrated! Plus if you break a tool you have to wait till the Snap on guy comes back around and hope he has another one to swap out.

That is if they will give you a replacement. My experience over the years was that Snap On dealers would whine that they don't replace "worn out" tools, only broken ones, and they would do whatever they could to make it look like a tool was worn out and not broken.

Never had a problem with MAC.

In fact my last MAC dealer would take my "worn out" Snap On tools and the next time he would come around he had a new one for me.

Well my snap on guy does help me with any problem. Never really had a problem. Even bought an old snap on ratchet from the pawn shop and he replaced it. I do like mac tools though. Im in bfe so its hard to get much more.

Tim does absolutely nothing!

Hey! I'm a hard workin' mofo! I'll go to place your not even permitted for.:toothpick:

BTW Tim, I really do want a long handled 3/4" ratchet about 4' long to close my tarp...lol
WTF?
Just because you got a $95000.00 trailer doesn't mean you gotta have a $600 ratchet. Just go buy a el cheapo ratchet and weld a 4 foot pipe on it.

Hey! I'm a hard workin' mofo! I'll go to place your not even permitted for.:toothpick:

WTF?
Just because you got a $95000.00 trailer doesn't mean you gotta have a $600 ratchet. Just go buy a el cheapo ratchet and weld a 4 foot pipe on it.

That is exactly what I have been looking for but can't even find a cheap one with a long handle. Guess I'm just gonna have to do what you said, John's said it too. Now to find a pipe to fit it like I want...

I've got a little bit of everything for tools, but mostly Craftsman. One thing I've learned is to not waste money on tools you will barely use. I go to Harbor Freight and get a lot of odd ball tools.

That is exactly what I have been looking for but can't even find a cheap one with a long handle. Guess I'm just gonna have to do what you said, John's said it too. Now to find a pipe to fit it like I want...

I've got a little bit of everything for tools, but mostly Craftsman. One thing I've learned is to not waste money on tools you will barely use. I go to Harbor Freight and get a lot of odd ball tools.

Or you could stop being such a *****! I tighten mine with a 3/4" napa ratchet with no pipe. Maybe you could ask your wife to do it for you!

Or you could stop being such a *****! I tighten mine with a 3/4" napa ratchet with no pipe. Maybe you could ask your wife to do it for you!

Why should I when I can do it easier with a longer handled ratchet...?

It is funny how I can tighten up the passenger side with out an extension but the drivers side is a bitch!

Why should I when I can do it easier with a longer handled ratchet...?

It is funny how I can tighten up the passenger side with out an extension but the drivers side is a bitch!

So these sidekits aint so bad after all! LOL

I wouldn't say that. I can tighten it several different ways I am just being lazy like John and I don't want to loosen the back up...LOL

I wouldn't say that. I can tighten it several different ways I am just being lazy like John and I don't want to loosen the back up...LOL
Well in that case...........carry on driver!

Not if you need something to hold an empty pallet down. I used two sidekit stakes with DOT tape as driveway markers.
And when you need more...........you can get Les stakes!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread