new guy looking for school

i plan to try going to school to be a class a driver and i was wondering if there are any good schools near me and about what it would cost and how long it would take. im 19 and i want to get some in state exp. so i can go otr at 21 im in henderson nc bout 40 miles north of raliegh.

well i would sign on with a company and let them pay but i cant leave nc for two years so ill prolly pay for it myself and i was gonna ask can you get any kind of grants for this kind of thing?

There are a few things you got to look at. There is nothing that says you can't get a cdl at 19 but trying to find somone to hire you will be very hard to do because of insuranse. Alot of companys won't even consider someone under 21 years old. As far as a grant I don't know.

theres a guy here that i train horses for, that owns a tire and axle shop and owns like 10 trucks. most of his driving is in state. he told me a couple years ago (before i considered this career) that he would give me a job if i got my cdls. but i dont think he would pay for my schooling.

try your local college as they may offer a cdl training class. your local state employement agency would also be a good place to look. state funded training would be the way to go since they pay for it.

NC Schools

i plan to try going to school to be a class a driver and i was wondering if there are any good schools near me and about what it would cost and how long it would take. im 19 and i want to get some in state exp. so i can go otr at 21 im in henderson nc bout 40 miles north of raliegh.

You have a number of choices associated with community colleges. Combine that with a school that is PTDI certified and you cannot go wrong. It is a little bit of a drive but check out the website for Isothermal Community College's trucking school. About 1/3 of their students come from out of state. They have a solid national reputation

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread