New CDL

rcd7571982

Alright guys i live in hampton roads, va area. And am having a hard time finding a driving job cause i have a ticket that isnt 3 years old yet. Anyone know any companies that only look back 2 years? Any driving job will do.

WELCOME TO truckersforum!!

It's not the Truck Companies that do the primary checking, it's their Insurance Company/Companies and will advise who to hire or not.
Minimum record check is 3-5 years while MANY Companies require 7-10.
IF the ticket was for Speeding at 15 (and Over) and you did nothing about getting it reduced (just paid a fine, etc.), you're then pretty well screwed till it drops off, if ever, but then I'm unaware how Va. operates other than minor knowledge of their weird License point system.
How many Points did the ticket eliminate (because of Va. having a Point system reversed [Points are Good] whereas in other states like NC, Points mean Not Good)??

I'm curious about your ticket because in Jan. '08, I received a 15 Over ticket in my personal vehicle (car) and got a traffic attorney and it was reduced to Improper Equipment--Speedometer.
Minor court cost and fine + attorney cost equalled about $500.00 , BUT it was my LIFE because Driving on a clean License was what it was all about.

Best of Luck!

The ticket i got was following too closely which resulted in a accident.f
WELCOME TO truckersforum!!

It's not the Truck Companies that do the primary checking, it's their Insurance Company/Companies and will advise who to hire or not.
Minimum record check is 3-5 years while MANY Companies require 7-10.
IF the ticket was for Speeding at 15 (and Over) and you did nothing about getting it reduced (just paid a fine, etc.), you're then pretty well screwed till it drops off, if ever, but then I'm unaware how Va. operates other than minor knowledge of their weird License point system.
How many Points did the ticket eliminate (because of Va. having a Point system reversed [Points are Good] whereas in other states like NC, Points mean Not Good)??

I'm curious about your ticket because in Jan. '08, I received a 15 Over ticket in my personal vehicle (car) and got a traffic attorney and it was reduced to Improper Equipment--Speedometer.
Minor court cost and fine + attorney cost equalled about $500.00 , BUT it was my LIFE because Driving on a clean License was what it was all about.

Best of Luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread