need some help please

rigman06

Hi everyone,
well, i have been driving now for over 15yrs. Otr and local oh and I have also driven overseas (the infomous sand box iraq that is). I am looking at buying my first truck which is a 2000 kenworth w900, I have been in contact with Oakley trucking out of arkansas. Since I have some knowledge on the fracing game i was told they would be willing to put me on that. I am fine with running tanks and mountain driving but like everyone else on here I dont run for charity. I guess what i would like to know is has anyone ever work for oakley doing this type of work and can you make the money that the company is telling me you can make ($4000-10000/wk) i understand its all in how you run. Also, i am been told that they give you permits,plates ect. As well as a trailer which there is no rental fee.
being that i am new to being an owner operator what other kinds of hints could anyone else give me like do i get my own plates and permits or use the companies tto ty to keep my costs low till i get more money, do i jump right in and go for my own authority or try to gt hooked up qith a few differant companies. Another thing also is i do really enjoy running dump trailers but it seems like unless you know somebody that knows somebody back here in northeast pa you cant get nothing going with a dump trailer and if you do find work its paying peanuts.
thanks for reading my post and if you have any comments or suggestions i would really like to hear them

Never ran for Oakley but they have a pretty good rep for being forthcoming.
They'll have to sign off on the truck because of it's age though so if you're counting on them I'd try to get it pre authorized to whatever extent you can.

If you listen to Steve Sommers on 700 WLW, there are several regular callers who lease to Oakley.

http://www.iheart.com/talk/show/Americas-Truckin-Network/

Thanks blood...i am looking at some other companies as well, maybe its just me but i just cant see taking a loan out for something that costs more then my house if ya know what i mean. Im sure there is companies out that take older trucks(i hope lol).

Thanks blood...i am looking at some other companies as well, maybe its just me but i just cant see taking a loan out for something that costs more then my house if ya know what i mean. Im sure there is companies out that take older trucks(i hope lol).

Oakley might take it if it passes muster.
But you don't wanna bank on anything that isn't sure.
A lot of people are happy there.

My big issue with Oakley is their policy of no facial hair. PERIOD!
Not so much because of facial hair,
but just because they presume to dictate such a niggly little thing as an absolute rule.
Just rubs me the wrong way.
They can go frac themselves. ;)

Did you you by any chance ever hear of autunm transport? I just can across them online but it says one of there requirements is an 07 or newer truck

Oakley might take it if it passes muster.
But you don't wanna bank on anything that isn't sure.
A lot of people are happy there.

My big issue with Oakley is their policy of no facial hair. PERIOD!
Not so much because of facial hair,
but just because they presume to dictate such a niggly little thing as an absolute rule.
Just rubs me the wrong way.
They can go frac themselves. ;)
I guess I'm out, then. :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread