Trucking News: National Truck Driver Appreciation Week

Mike

Yes folks, this is National Truck Driver Appreciation Week! Folks in the offices will be eating hot dogs and drinking beer in your honor! The truck stops will put up appreciation signs as they increase the amount of paid parking spots, and make now mistake, they will charge you to park there as a way to show their true appreciation this week. Everyone will be sure to remain completely understaffed this week, as they do every week these days, to ensure your time is wasted everywhere you go!

To show our appreciation, enjoy the pilot of "Movin' On"

I don't think Walmart needs tacky recruiting drives. It appears they are pretty picky about who they put in their trucks.
I can always tell just by the way the driver is driving whether it's a Walmart company driver or a contract carrier. The Walmart drivers are courteous and professional in my experience and the carriers, which most of the time are JB Hunt dedicated, can't maintain a straight line to save their asses. They change lanes without looking and there is a marking on the trailers that I can't remember right now what it is, that dictates whether it's a company or contract trailer. But just 1 mile of following them answers any questions. When I pass a company truck, I know I'm not going to get sideswiped.

I don't think Walmart needs tacky recruiting drives. It appears they are pretty picky about who they put in their trucks.
I can always tell just by the way the driver is driving whether it's a Walmart company driver or a contract carrier. The Walmart drivers are courteous and professional in my experience and the carriers, which most of the time are JB Hunt dedicated, can't maintain a straight line to save their asses. They change lanes without looking and there is a marking on the trailers that I can't remember right now what it is, that dictates whether it's a company or contract trailer. But just 1 mile of following them answers any questions. When I pass a company truck, I know I'm not going to get sideswiped.
When I did the Loveland thing they use mostly Western Express as a dedicated carrier.

Not a single one of those Cornbinders had both fairings unmolested.

They used to be but then they hired @Sinister. It's been downhill ever since.

Oh they are. Way more full 14 hour days than I like to think about. I should beat last years income by a good bit though.
I've had a couple of those and hated every single one. I don't like being borderline on making it back before the clock runs out. Too stressful.

Tonight was Charcoal Chicken and potatoes au gratin.

Tomorrow for the end it's just like muffins and fruit. I won't make it back for that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread