MVT Solutions shares testing results of next-generation EcoStinger fairings

Mike

ekostinger.jpg

Mesilla Valley Transportation Solutions, a provider of fuel economy testing and design and development services for the trucking industry, announced test results for The NextGen EkoStinger, an aerodynamic fairing for Class 8 tractor-trailers. It is a one-piece design made with polyethylene that sits underneath the trailer in front of the rear wheels and slides with varying tandem positions. Testing in November 2021 demonstrated that the technology resulted in a fuel savings of 5.72 gallons per 1,000 miles or 5.30%.

Tests were conducted on 2019 International LT 625 with Cummins X15 15L engines and Eaton Endurant 12-speed automated manual transmissions pulling 53’ Hyundai dry vans. A baseline test was run without the aerodynamic NextGen EkoStinger on the trailer and then the aerodynamic device was installed, and the test runs again. Note: The EkoStinger used in the test was a prototype unit.

Interesting product. If I didn't already have fairings on the trailer now, I wouldn't mind trying their sliding fairing.

If the fuel savings are comparable in day to day operations with their testing, you would see around $10-15/day savings as a single truck owner operator pulling the trailer daily.

I requested more information to find out pricing on the sliding unit. Company claims a 4-6 month ROI, so that gives an idea on where the price point is.
Yeah I need the actual price to calculate my own ROIs. 4-6 months means nothing to me because it's usually OTR mileage.

I've only put about 55k on my truck in the year that I've had it so far.

Mesilla Valley Transportation Solutions, a provider of fuel economy testing and design and development services for the trucking industry..

I am assuming they are related to Mesilla Valley Trucking, They are always outfitted with the latest in aero tech on their trucks, I think they run around 10 MPG or something impressive like that.

Mesilla Valley Transportation Solutions, a provider of fuel economy testing and design and development services for the trucking industry..

I am assuming they are related to Mesilla Valley Trucking, They are always outfitted with the latest in aero tech on their trucks, I think they run around 10 MPG or something impressive like that.
Yep just a test bed offshoot of the trucking company MVT. They also work with other companies based on those logos.

They're also capped at 64 mph.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread