More signs that equipment prices will continue to drop

Mike

Got an email today from the trailer salesman, hadn’t communicated with him in a couple weeks probably due to getting busy with other things.

Wanted to get the build specs discussion going again, and let me know that some build slots opened up for October.

I expect that lots of slots will be opening up with all the me manufacturers.

Might get around to having a price quoted this week or next for a potential new trailer.

Fuel dropped another 20 cents at one of my haunts. We're under 6 bucks.

For Pennsylvania that's huge. We were approaching 7 at one point in those spots and over 7 in places I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

I don't think I'm ready for a trailer as much as I think I want one. It'd be too difficult to run with a day cab.

But if gives me promise of a sleeper someday, and then a follow on trailer with that.

I don’t desperately need a new trailer, but I do want one that is more versatile and better spec’d to my liking. I want logistics posts closer together, I want a lift axle (though could scrap that depending on cost), I want 46k axles because the smaller axles flex too much. I want lighting inside the trailer, and I want more aerodynamics.

It will come down to price. If the price is too high, I will wait, and possibly go with a stock unit later down the road that at least has logistics posts closer together than what I have now. I could add the aero.

I don’t desperately need a new trailer, but I do want one that is more versatile and better spec’d to my liking. I want logistics posts closer together, I want a lift axle (though could scrap that depending on cost), I want 46k axles because the smaller axles flex too much. I want lighting inside the trailer, and I want more aerodynamics.

It will come down to price. If the price is too high, I will wait, and possibly go with a stock unit later down the road that at least has logistics posts closer together than what I have now. I could add the aero.
I'd just be happy with a nose cone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread