Minimum truck spec

You're the one who mentioned your inability to figure out how to cut into traffic in order to pass a slower vehicle.

My comment was not an insult.

If you don't know how to or lack the patience to pass a slower vehicle in heavy traffic, that's not an issue my use of the right-hand pedal is going to help you with.
You ASSume too much.

Are you under the impression that it's OK to just grab the hammer lane while it's occupied by cars, forcing them into the median?

You ASSume too much.

Are you under the impression that it's OK to just grab the hammer lane while it's occupied by cars, forcing them into the median?
Only when I see you comin' along. Then it's time ta thro yo ass in th' median.

:stirpot:

Do any of yall know why trucks dont pull over and take a nap in extreme snow conditions? Especially with single axle tractors?

Just no pleasing some people.

What's your truck number so I can avoid helping you in any way whatsoever, and you can then ***** about the lack of "brotherhood."
That hasn't been one of my complaints. And if you want to flash another driver over, at least wait until it's safe for him to move back into the lane. The second he clears your hood ain't it and your method, along with your timing, are two huge reasons I do not pay any attention to those signals. It isn't "brotherhood" to brights somebody the second they clear your hood. It's a rookie action. You're basically saying, "It's safe to come over." while simutaneously blinding them so they can't check for themselves.

Who said anything about running fast.

It was about running steady.
Yet, you know for a fact most trucks will drop gears going up a hill. And you expect a truck that can go up at 55 mph to stay behind the truck that is straining at 25 mph because he might inconvenience you a few seconds.

Yet, you know for a fact most trucks will drop gears going up a hill. And you expect a truck that can go up at 55 mph to stay behind the truck that is straining at 25 mph because he might inconvenience you a few seconds.

I said 2% grade.

Not 4-6 or 7%.

Even with the power I've got, I'm down considerably.

The slowdown I'm talking are for small overpasses in Illinois, Indiana, etc. The ones a truck should just look at and roll right over. And can't.

Not monteagle, Sherman, cabbage, lookout or anything remotely like them.

The ones that fleet trucks feel compelled to let their trucks run 70 mph down the hill past you only to run up them at 55-60 sling shoting themselves around you and everyone else.

Last edited:
That hasn't been one of my complaints. And if you want to flash another driver over, at least wait until it's safe for him to move back into the lane. The second he clears your hood ain't it and your method, along with your timing, are two huge reasons I do not pay any attention to those signals. It isn't "brotherhood" to brights somebody the second they clear your hood. It's a rookie action. You're basically saying, "It's safe to come over." while simutaneously blinding them so they can't check for themselves.

It's safe because I'm ready for them and I know they're gonna create more space by the time they react. You gotta remember I'm only 60mph. It doesn't take long to make space in front of me. They don't HAVE to get over just because I flashed them real quick anyway. It's up to them. The point is, they're getting brights for a split second before they're even looking, so they're not getting blinded.

But anyway, we do what works around here. If you don't like it, give me your truck number.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm sure glad my route is north on I-95 rather than south, thru CT, NY, and NJ, etc,etc...too many assholes, not satisfied with anything. running always over the posted speeds limits to just get up to the Cross Bronx Xpressway and up and over the GWB.

nice, QUIET route, (I-95 N, I-495N &S) hardly any traffic, unless a construction zone, then maybe, just maybe 20 cars are there. easy flow thru.

no need to flash brights or using my steering wheel mounted interrupt. (freightshaker day cab)

i do from time to time, dim my brights as i approach a state trooper in the dark, at anyone of the various "hiding spots" they have. many they "flash back" a thank you, for not blinding them.

ah yes..the ongoing debate on letting someone know when it is ok to move back over, and how to do it properly for every opinion out there, with the way the trucks are equipped.

about as interesting as the debate on why ALL drivers should make repairs on trucks.

just ain't no satisfaction about it all....

It's safe because I'm ready for them and I know they're gonna create more space by the time they react. You gotta remember I'm only 60mph. It doesn't take long to make space in front of me. They don't HAVE to get over just because I flashed them real quick anyway. It's up to them. The point is, they're getting brights for a split second before they're even looking, so they're not getting blinded.

But anyway, we do what works around here. If you don't like it, give me your truck number.
:whoosh:

You are doing a fine job of demonstrating why truck driver behavior is rapidly descending to 4-wheeler levels. You have people with a hell of a lot more experience than you, trying to tell you that what you're doing isn't a good idea, and your response is basically:

65846008.jpg

@Injun is trying to help you be a safer, better driver, and you're just blowing her off because you know better. :thumbsdown:

fleet trucks feel compelled to let their trucks run 70 mph down the hill
70 mph is an overspeed for me and Swift would get a notification. I believe 65 is an overspeed for company drivers. Get a couple of those and they get fired. I don't know about other companies, but Swift does not take kindly to drivers floating their loads down a hill over the governed speed. Their premise is you must be in control of the vehicle at all times and in all ways. I've always had serious issue with it myself, but only because I watched a driver lose control of his truck doing that in my third week on my trainer's truck. That driver killed five people that day. But we've had that discussion here and it's a whole 'nother can of worms.

Judging a driver's ability based on his use of headlights is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.
It's not about ability. It's about courtesy and arrogance.

Judging a driver's ability based on his use of headlights is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.
Stop and think a minute! Knowing how many brain dead SWH's will just move over when they see the flash, are you telling me it's a good idea to have trucks moving over that close in front of you? The way to making it into the multi-million mile club is minimizing risks, do you think your way is the least risky way?:eek:

Stop and think a minute! Knowing how many brain dead SWH's will just move over when they see the flash, are you telling me it's a good idea to have trucks moving over that close in front of you? The way to making it into the multi-million mile club is minimizing risks, do you think your way is the least risky way?:eek:
You're on the spacing issue?

I don't flash literally when they have inches of clearance...I'm not that stupid. Couple dozen feet or better based on how fast they're passing me.

Ain't gonna flash an ABF when he's barely beyond my corner. That's how you get your Bendix to trip and throw you into the glass.

Y'all need to come on a ride along before you judge my driving.

Yes I wish I had interrupts but I don't. And I'm not gonna reach for the dash switch every time. Not only are the lights on a fade delay but I'd get a hunchback from all the stooping. [emoji6]

Sure I could bee bop along and do nothing but that would be rude, IMHO. Especially at night when help (more like confirmation/assurance) ain't a bad thing.

BTW I'll never make it to the million mile club. I'm local so I don't rack up that many miles. I'll probably jump on a better driving opportunity if it comes along and since the number is just a company thing (I'm pretty sure), it'll start all over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread