Merging

It's the same down here... except in the aftermath. If it ends up in court, it will go badly for the trucker. Video from dashcams are the key that refutes a four wheelers lies.
Highway traffic has the right of way. There is no law in any state that says you have to move over to let them merge. The problem is people do it as a common courtesy so everyone expects it. They can't see that car next to us so they get mad if we don't get over. So thing with shared exit and on ramps. traffic leaving the highway has the right of way. No one knows the laws.

Highway traffic has the right of way. There is no law in any state that says you have to move over to let them merge. The problem is people do it as a common courtesy so everyone expects it. They can't see that car next to us so they get mad if we don't get over. So thing with shared exit and on ramps. traffic leaving the highway has the right of way. No one knows the laws.
Especially since "they" demanded that the government get out if educating 16-year-olds in driving an automobile each summer (high school driver's Ed.) IMO, driver behavior has gone downhill rapidly since that happened.

That's the best part of the job. Stupid four wheeler thinks you'll move left to let them merge. Nope. Use the jake to slow down without showing brake lights and hang them out to dry. Let them panic and drive on the shoulder. It's funnier when they honk the horn, flash the high beams or flip you the bird

Stupid four wheelers. Learn the rules of the road and how to drive

it people would use the acceleration ramp to actually accelerate to highway speeds thee would not be a problem, but of course they don't, they creep onto the highway at about half the speed traffic is traveling.

it people would use the acceleration ramp to actually accelerate to highway speeds thee would not be a problem, but of course they don't, they creep onto the highway at about half the speed traffic is traveling.
:foreheadslap: there is a four lane highway I take on the way home sometimes. The speed is 50 MPH in American.
Where I enter there is an acceleration lane and yet some people will sit there and wait for a break in traffic to just pull right out in to the lanes of travel.
Even if there is a break in traffic, at 50 MPH a car will be right up your ass before you know it.
:bonk:Hello:idiot: There is an acceleration lane, You need not wait for a break in traffic. You need to get up to speed and merge with the flow of traffic when safe to do so.
Gold Toyota Camaries :foreheadslap:

:foreheadslap: there is a four lane highway I take on the way home sometimes. The speed is 50 MPH in American.
Where I enter there is an acceleration lane and yet some people will sit there and wait for a break in traffic to just pull right out in to the lanes of travel.
Even if there is a break in traffic, at 50 MPH a car will be right up your ass before you know it.
:bonk:Hello:idiot: There is an acceleration lane, You need not wait for a break in traffic. You need to get up to speed and merge with the flow of traffic when safe to do so.
Gold Toyota Camaries :foreheadslap:
Oh Mr OPP thank Jesus you're here. I was minding my own business posting to Instagram and that big mean killing machine tried to run me right off the road. Can you believe it?

Oh Mr OPP thank Jesus you're here. I was minding my own business posting to Instagram and that big mean killing machine tried to run me right off the road. Can you believe it?
The trick is to run them off the road far enough they can't read your license plates. I prefer grassy medians for said running off the road. Bonus points for getting them to pull a 180, too
Your mileage may vary

The trick is to run them off the road far enough they can't read your license plates. I prefer grassy medians for said running off the road. Bonus points for getting them to pull a 180, too
Your mileage may vary
Damn truck won't do fender benders or I just don't have the touch.....not sure which. Every time I try to give some encouragement the tridem goes right over top of the car.

Damn truck won't do fender benders or I just don't have the touch.....not sure which. Every time I try to give some encouragement the tridem goes right over top of the car.
It's the "rookie wiggle" method. Hard quick jerk to the left then a small pause then a jerk back to the right. Gotta time it before the hood of the car gets beside the tridem :nails:

It's the "rookie wiggle" method. Hard quick jerk to the left then a small pause then a jerk back to the right. Gotta time it before the hood of the car gets beside the tridem :nails:

I would say it could be easier to practice with a heavy loaded low boy first but I'm likely about to start this other job doing step decks and tankers. From what I understand you really gotta bring your A game to pull tricks like that with a loaded tanker.

Always tried to merge in like all others cars but you know they always cut me. What I do is a truck for me. It work ok but not well. Pretending I'm taking a different lane but not trying to merge in with ya others cars. So it's ok and not fun at all. So being a truck driver trying to merge into the lane which is not easy. Be careful with careless drivers or texting.

@Skateboard puller
I just know it'll warm your cold black heart and maybe even choke you up a bit to know I've not only mastered the rookie wiggle but utilize it almost daily since going local. You don't even necessarily have to have a trailer to put them in their place it turns out.

With lane change in the big city Toronto, I put my blinker on and I am informing you that I am coming over!
Some people mistake that blinker as an ask. No I am telling you I am coming over!

With lane change in the big city Toronto, I put my blinker on and I am informing you that I am coming over!
Some people mistake that blinker as an ask. No I am telling you I am coming over!
It's just as well to use no blinker. 4 wheelers take a blinker as a cue to floor it so they can get beside the trailer to stop you.

It's just as well to use no blinker. 4 wheelers take a blinker as a cue to floor it so they can get beside the trailer to stop you.
Yup! I have seen that. I am trying to move left and they hammer down and get past me and make a lane change to the right.:coocoo:
You could have accomplished your pass and lane change had you just let me over in the first place:foreheadslap:

Yup! I have seen that. I am trying to move left and they hammer down and get past me and make a lane change to the right.:coocoo:
You could have accomplished your pass and lane change had you just let me over in the first place:foreheadslap:
It takes a LOT of patience to cross Toronto. Doesn’t seem to matter the time of day anymore. 10 pm is just as bad as 8 am.

Some of the “truckers” are worse than four wheelers :coocoo:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread