Merging

Not to mention that 90% of those morons do not have a cb. If you dont have one, then i wont run with you.
Haha f you very much.

Not that I can hang anyway. 😂 I'll just happily dink away behind everyone and make my money.

I understand: I do! There's a place where if anyone of us happen to get into. Then we're screwed. It's not so much a question of time, as It is your signature or maybe a phone call or even a quick letter. But at some point there is going to have to be organized leadership somewhere for us. I am not talking ATA, or even OODIA. I am talking real leadership. Organization is a key development in our industry, and if you want higher pay, more benefits. Then this is the only way.

I understand: I do! There's a place where if anyone of us happen to get into. Then we're screwed. It's not so much a question of time, as It is your signature or maybe a phone call or even a quick letter. But at some point there is going to have to be organized leadership somewhere for us. I am not talking ATA, or even OODIA. I am talking real leadership. Organization is a key development in our industry, and if you want higher pay, more benefits. Then this is the only way.
If youre talking unions, then screw unions. They do nothing nowadays besides promote laziness and incompetence.

in that, people talk the talk, but fail at the walk.

it'll never be done.

no one's got the time.

No, I agree. I am talking organized leadership independently from unions per-say. But you have to admit in earlier days they we're powerful. But with Hoffa being a rebel, their power failed because he went in the wrong direction. No, leadership is negotiating what driver agree on as one single issue. After all, every problem with trucking didn't come on us over night. It's been for a length of time with no real leadership.

No, I agree. I am talking organized leadership independently from unions per-say. But you have to admit in earlier days they we're powerful. But with Hoffa being a rebel, their power failed because he went in the wrong direction. No, leadership is negotiating what driver agree on as one single issue. After all, every problem with trucking didn't come on us over night. It's been for a length of time with no real leadership.
You cant get two drivers to agree that water is wet, or the sky is blue.

The none agree-able, argumentative, non-positive. Yeap, But you get one single issue we can all have atleast something in common. That's a start.

i am out in about another year, maybe 2. i could give a flip the direction the industry, and pay and benefits are going.'

i could give a flip for automation / autonomous trucks

i could give a flip the out of work drivers, or companies going under.

you see, back in the day's of yore, we had a chance to make a difference and never did. no one even really tried, although they boasted changed and strikes and whatever. many times, THOSE people were in it for themselves, and could not answer questions presented to them, about the entire scope of trucking, but only with a "duh".....

we did this to ourselves, have no one to blame but ourselves, and the end is coming for many, especially companies (such as) wally's world emporium, that will (IN TIME) disband thier trucking operation for private fleets.

and i could care less, anyone soon to retire, could care less.

no one really wants to do anything, but gripe about it, then sit back and let someone else do it.

i wish ya'll a whole lot of empty good luck, cuz that's all ya'll ever end up with, by being so self righteous about yourselves, and not getting involved with the future of your livelihood.

I was back in those days, and the same attitude got us we're we are at now. Then it was small agreements about striking or shutting down, but I told them then, just like now. What issue are you shutting down for? What resolution are you looking for? How long are you willing to shut down for? Do you have money saved for a small shut down? What is the outcome your looking for. Last but not least who will fill the shut down. Like I said all these issues didn't come on us over night. They are going to have to be dealt with one at a time. If a shut down isn't applicable what are our oppositions. Can there be an agreement between drivers. Then the one's that are going to exit trucking altogether.

Google Maps has traffic with accidents. So does Waze and CoPilot.

Are they perfect? Not really but considering the odds and the noise of a squawk box, I'll take the silence.
I cant stand this excuse, because there is a hell of a lot more shenanigans on trucking forums and on facebook, yet you have accounts on both.

My CB saved my ass numerous times on the road and on job sites, so i think a driver that doesnt have one isnt the sharpest tool n the shed.

See, this is where we are going wrong! No organisation. No, agreements with authority, Judges, courts. Political parties, or any kind of power! Nope, we just keep on trucking with the stupidity of the stand alone mentality. Yeap that's us truck driver's smart as flip'n whip.
That's the way it's gotta be, unless you take a shower!

:biglaugh:

I cant stand this excuse, because there is a hell of a lot more shenanigans on trucking forums and on facebook, yet you have accounts on both.

My CB saved my ass numerous times on the road and on job sites, so i think a driver that doesnt have one isnt the sharpest tool n the shed.
Noise I mean literally. As in sounds.

If it was used for its intended purpose, it's more a bitch box at times! The constant negative modulation is o-f-f. So, if the best button is off, why have it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread