Trucking News: MATS canceled!

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Premium

I went to the Iowa 80 show once just because we were passing through and I not only found parking, but I also got two rooms at that hotel in the parking lot simply by yelling at the guy.

It was fun to walk around with a 12 pack for a day.

Of all the different types of conventions a trucking one is not on my list.

there were a few times, that i'd be in the general area of some sort of truck show/convention/whatever...

i kept the wheels turning, i couldn't give a flip, as i drive'em and don't need to see'em anymore than that.

there were a few times, that i'd be in the general area of some sort of truck show/convention/whatever...

i kept the wheels turning, i couldn't give a flip, as i drive'em and don't need to see'em anymore than that.
Actually MATS is a lot of fun.

maybe so, but even in my earlier days of turning wrenches, i just have had enough working the job 5, 6 sometimes 7 days a week, and as in trucking, VERY long hours, that when i went home, there were more important things to do, rather than to go see more crap, of what i do for a living.

i always wanted to be as far away from any involvement of the job, when i was on my own time.

As a company driver, I can see where it would suck

As an owner operator or a motor carrier, it's very beneficial
correct. as an owner you get to see what you personally can use to enhance your business.

but for us lowly company slave driven drivers that can only afford cans of ravioli, any sort of trucking show, only serves to remind us of the drudgery we live with.......

:taunt:

People say the same thing about minnesota in the winter dont mean they are right
maybe so, but even in my earlier days of turning wrenches, i just have had enough working the job 5, 6 sometimes 7 days a week, and as in trucking, VERY long hours, that when i went home, there were more important things to do, rather than to go see more crap, of what i do for a living.

i always wanted to be as far away from any involvement of the job, when i was on my own time.
Ding ding we have a winner only problem is with the hours we run and that has been for 9+ years for me, I have no hobbies at all unless you call racing to pay off the mortgage a hobby

Its actually a big party.

I was at the Work Truck Show in Indianapolis last week. Nobody seemed concerned about the virus (handshaking going on everywhere), and they guaranteed MATS wouldn't be affected.
What a difference a week makes...

I was at the Work Truck Show in Indianapolis last week. Nobody seemed concerned about the virus (handshaking going on everywhere), and they guaranteed MATS wouldn't be affected.
What a difference a week makes...
how they could "guarantee" no one would be affected, is beyond thought.

Cleaned this up as much as I could without simply deleting the entire thing.

Enough of the fighting about company vs. owner.

I had a truck in a show n shine truck show repping my company. No chance of winning of course. But it was a good time.
Nothing but beer drinking and meeting some great people along the way. Plenty of SWAG. no need to buy a travel mug or work gloves for the year.

They had tractor pulls in the back 40 all weekend long.
A tractor pull will turn you from a citiot to a redneck in under 10 seconds. :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread