• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Looking for your honest opinion of Swift

es755

I'm looking to get back on the road and I'm considering going with Swift or US Xpress. Would some of you current and former Swift drivers please give me your honest opinions on Swift? Thanks!!

One more thing...does Swift allow solo's to run 48, or do they make you stay in the "comfort zones?" Would like to run more west, and I live in Florida.

Edit: If this question has been asked in previous threads, I apologize. Opinions can change over time; those who were happy may not be now, etc.

I'm looking to get back on the road and I'm considering going with Swift or US Xpress. Would some of you current and former Swift drivers please give me your honest opinions on Swift? Thanks!!

One more thing...does Swift allow solo's to run 48, or do they make you stay in the "comfort zones?" Would like to run more west, and I live in Florida.

Edit: If this question has been asked in previous threads, I apologize. Opinions can change over time; those who were happy may not be now, etc.

Question 1) if you do not have any recent experience in the last 3 years, then either one would be a good source to utilize for the experience to move on.

Question 2) Swift does allow solo to run 48 states, it will be between you and your driver manager to work those area's out

I have completed training in Millington and went to the Greer, SC terminal for my road training. I passed my CDL exam yesterday (12-09-10) and will be attending orientation on Monday (12-13-10). If they have a mentor available on Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning I will be hitting the road. If not, I will be back in the motel. I
ll try and keep everyone posted on my progress.

F.Y.I. the training was great. I have no complaints about anything. The instructors were demanding and fair and easy to get along with.

No mentor available. I came back to the house. I'm supposed to hook up with a mentor on the 28th to begin my training. If he will let me take my laptop, I will try to keep updating.

Merry Christmas to all.

Well, they gave me a new Mentor. I have to be in Greer Monday morning to head out. He said I can take my laptop so I will be updating as I get time.

Wish me luck.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a safe drive.

Ya that's rather odd he's starting now just be4 Christmas.Im thinken they'll route him home for xmas.That's 1 day companies do get u home if you choose.I was going to stay out for xmas but ive already been gone a month,that's long enough.

I may be going with them too. I have my CdL so wont be doing there training but will be getting a mentor, Keep use updated I would like to hear how it is working out for you.

and who do you spose gets blamed for that,the trucking industry of course.

It was pretty clear in the story who was to blame, I saw a picture of the Swift truck, it was totaled, have no idea what the pickup looked like, it sucks when it happens, really sucks when it happens at this time of year.

It was pretty clear in the story who was to blame, I saw a picture of the Swift truck, it was totaled, have no idea what the pickup looked like, it sucks when it happens, really sucks when it happens at this time of year.

Where did you see the pic of the Swift truck? It didn't come up in the story I saw.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread