• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Looking to start at swift...

hootowlserenade

I am looking to start working for swift, I just left CRST and am in process of paying off my contract so they will release me from the DAC.... long story anyway.... I was wondering if anyone has recently started with them and knows if you really do get paid $450 a week during "training"? One reason I left CRST is because of the lies about our pay... I drove 2500 (5000 total with trainers miles) miles per week of training and only ended up with $60-80 paycheck after their "fees"... I was only there for a month, so I need more experience from another training company before I can get into a better local job.

Sent from the cutting edge of my Droid RAZR MAXX

[MENTION=8832]RACEFAN[/MENTION] just got off his trainer's truck last week. Maybe he'll tell you. Also, [MENTION=8941]Injun[/MENTION] seems to know more about Swift than the CEO.

Sent from the rusty, dull edge of my Asus laptop.

When I went through Swift's training five years ago, I got paid what they said I would, less taxes. There were no fees, costs, deductions or any of that other crap.

I don't know what to training rate is these days. [MENTION=9012]Micabay[/MENTION] or [MENTION=8832]RACEFAN[/MENTION] can better help with that.

[MENTION=10117]Chop[/MENTION]: At least be more original. Show some creativity. And if you have a better suggestion as to where this member can get trained and get the career off the ground, we are all looking.

Sent from the rusty, dull edge of my Asus laptop.

Lmao are you making fun of my tapatalk signature? I frequent droidrzr.com xda and rootzwiki... I guess it suits better over at those sites lol... Asus makes a good product (generally speaking) so it may be sharper than my RAZR MAXX lol

Everybody needs a little humor in their lives these days. But it can be hard to find.

"Yelled at the top of my lungs and a friend relayed this post."

You are absolutely correct.

*sent to [MENTION=7569]Rubber Duck[/MENTION] by way of smoke signal so he could post it under my account.

Other than the enforcer lock kit, there is no hidden fees and what not...450 gross sounds right. Up to 500 or 550 gross in week 5-6 of training. It took me two months to get my paycheck up to where I was during training, but that was also just after Christmas, the slow freight season too.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. Now I am in a fight with CRST to let me quit! Apparently it is up to my former dispatcher to notify the system that I quit so that I can pay off my contract and therefore be released from the DAC. He is an arsehole! He told me that he will not let me quit even though I have no problem paying off the $4400 I owe them! I just left a nice message on his boss's answering service letting him know how rude and condescending his employee is... hopefully I can get them to let me pay off what I owe them <--- how ridiculous is that? Most places are happy to take your money.... anyway I'm hoping to get this settled before the weekend so my swift application goes through and I can start working again.
/rant

Release you from DAC??? :wtf: !!

Have you applied to Swift? If not, git 'r dun. When you talk to the recruiter, tell him or her what's going on. CRST does not own you. You are allowed to quit when you want to. If they continue giving you grief, contact the labor board.

Release you from DAC??? :wtf: !!

Have you applied to Swift? If not, git 'r dun. When you talk to the recruiter, tell him or her what's going on. CRST does not own you. You are allowed to quit when you want to. If they continue giving you grief, contact the labor board.

Already sent my app in to swift and signed the release form...
Yeah one lady at CRST told me that it would take 40 days until they let me pay my contract off.... and that's AFTER my dispatcher updates the system that I quit! Tomorrow morning I am blowing up their phones until I get a hold of someone with brains (I know, good luck right?) I will not stop until someone allows me to pay off the stupid contract (which we weren't allowed time to read, or given a copy of btw) I can't believe that a company would run you through so many hoops just so they can get their money back!

I would think that taking the truck back to the terminal and cleaning it out might be a fair indication that the driver has quit.

But maybe I'm mistaken.

Other than the enforcer lock kit, there is no hidden fees and what not...450 gross sounds right. Up to 500 or 550 gross in week 5-6 of training. It took me two months to get my paycheck up to where I was during training, but that was also just after Christmas, the slow freight season too.

Yep. That's correctamundo. Just gotta remember to send in your macro 27 every day, and you will get paid for that day.
I did, and it sounds like Micabay did as well. As for Injun..........................................................................................................
I think she started with Swift before electricity was discovered, so, obviously no e-logs waaaayyyy back then. LMAO!
:whistle: :hiding:

Injun said:
Shouldn't be difficult. You drive a POS Swift company truck. I maintain my lease truck to its peak possible performance. I got 6mph on ya.... :rolllaugh:

Yeah, ya got me there. Lol.
But you gotta find me before you can catch me. :beep:

Oh, and you only got 5 on me. Garmin says I'm doin 63. :swerve:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread