Looking for Good Company / in Calif / for driver with no experience....

J.is.OTR

Hello All
:tiphat:

Looking for suggestions for good companies in CA (preferably in the Inland Empire)

Just got interested in trucking.. no CDL.. still trying to decide if I should go "company paid" or not..

If I go sponored.. I know I'll be hooked for a year.. got it.
but if I try to get my CDL on my own... what would be a good company for this "green horn"?

There are so many excellent companies where do I begin.Werner,Swift,Schneider,CRST, but CRENGLAND is the best,go with them.

but CRENGLAND is the best,go with them.

Umm, really? I think my joke detector may be out of service on this one. I thought all they did was lease purchase?

Werner, they seem pretty solid. Check with Crete, I heard they aren't to bad either.

Talked to alot of England drivers. Yet to find a happy one ? All say neg paychecks. Id look in to swift, May ,Crete,Knight. Lots of them. DONT EVEN THINK OF LEASE. Good luck to ya

I think what they are saying is one starter company is pretty much the same as the others. Patty that's the most sarcasm i have ever seen in one of your posts. At leas I think its sarcasm.

Dot Foods has a DC in Modesto and they take rookies right out of school but don't give CDL classes. What they WILL do is tuition reimbursement and guarantee you $50,000 your first year.

What is so bad about CR England? I know leasing is a very bad idea but as a company driver ? are they not much of a muchness the large co's ?

Talked to alot of England drivers. Yet to find a happy one ? All say neg paychecks. Id look in to swift, May ,Crete,Knight. Lots of them. DONT EVEN THINK OF LEASE. Good luck to ya

Crete is hiring students now? Back when I was an O/O they only hired cream of the crop. I didn't go with them at the time because they only sent teams to California.

What is so bad about CR England? I know leasing is a very bad idea but as a company driver ? are they not much of a muchness the large co's ?

CR England and Prime have the worst reputations in the business for hosing drivers. If I had to guess, I would say those two companies make more money ripping off drivers than hauling freight. Not to mention if you work for them, you might as well get used to get ragged on in every truckstop and on every highway.

Terry To my knowledge CRETE is very good. I worked for Shafter an I loved them.Choice of 3 load,s.But that was 10 yrs. ago. But Id look into them again. I Quit them =Deviorce nough said

C.R. England is a scam in it's self and Swift lies to you like no other. If you don't believe me go to the truck stop and ask them they'll tell you why England and Swift suck

i take it them nice shiny red objects are distracting you. look on rip off report.com and ****ed consumer.com. and try to compete with trainers for frieght. just talked to someone that left em cause he got fed up with competing with trainers for miles and he said the employees are not friendly. you might try driving dump truck for a yr and gain your exp that way

FYI Crete will not take NEWBIES anymore. I know this because I've just talked to them yesterday. I WAS very interested in them as a starter company until I found out they only take drivers with a minimum. of 6 months to 1 year, proven road experience. I guess they returned to hiring the more experienced drivers.

FYI Crete will not take NEWBIES anymore. I know this because I've just talked to them yesterday. I WAS very interested in them as a starter company until I found out they only take drivers with a minimum. of 6 months to 1 year, proven road experience. I guess they returned to hiring the more experienced drivers.

That is still lower than I am used to seeing them. I have never known them to hire anyone with less than 2 years and a perfect driving record.

Hmm, They have a list of schools on their site where they will wave the 6 month experience requirement. Im going to try and get in, got an uncle who drives Shaffer who will recommend me (and he gets a bonus of course lol)

Hmm, They have a list of schools on their site where they will wave the 6 month experience requirement. Im going to try and get in, got an uncle who drives Shaffer who will recommend me (and he gets a bonus of course lol)

My mistake! I'm in southern California... The recruiter I talked to said: They don't have any approved schools here.
I wish you the best!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread