Looked it at Wikipedia up

Fredl

List of CB slang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Im at AL109QX right now. 2 Day off. After 12 hour Sleep having Chicken/Fries and watch War Waggon with John Wayne and Kirk Douglas.
Old Kirk goes toward 100 this December. May have to send a Birthday Card :)

watching Movies of bud Spencer and Terence Hill.
Well, But Spencer,or better said Carlo Pedersoli passed Monday aged 86 away.

not too many of us use CB lingo these days. i for one, tell people off, in MY words. and then too, this is only when i have the radio on...which isn't much

as far as the "s'ghetti westerns, i can take'em or leave'em. Clint Eastwood (in my opinion) made them popular, as he wasn't known much here in the states, and went over there. also, many of those s'ghetti movies, were made here in the states as well. sfter a while, Clint became a big star.

i hate the English voice overs from the foreign language. the lips always move out of sync with the dialog. funny however, especially a Japanese movie.......! like Gawdzilla....and all them other Saturday afternoon kids movies.

come to America, and watch some of those old movies, if you ain't laughed at the out of sync lips or corny acting, you're not having a good time.

watch "Only" old American Movies.
John Wayne is my Number One. "She wore a Yellow Ribbon" is running right now.
With him some Mega stars,from Dean Martin over Doris Day to Kirk Douglas

to me, those were the days of film making. even the violence was made to look small, compared to todays trash.

i too have many likes and favorites regarding old movies and movie stars. we have some good to great actors these days as well, Tom Hanks comes to mind, i like his work.

Funny is it just with the old Science Fictions Movies.
Most of it is already History. so i dont watch it anymore :)

Funny is it just with the old Science Fictions Movies.
Most of it is already History. so i dont watch it anymore :)
on a tv network here yesterday, they had a marathon of old sci-fi movies, all corny as all hell. one was about vampire aliens....!!!!!

...as far as the "s'ghetti westerns, i can take'em or leave'em. Clint Eastwood (in my opinion) made them popular, as he wasn't known much here in the states, and went over there. also, many of those s'ghetti movies, were made here in the states as well. sfter a while, Clint became a big star.

Huh? The " Man With No Name" trilogy was all shot in Europe, and they're the films that were break through for Eastwood to become a big star instead of a minor bit part player. His next film, "Hang 'Em High" was a critical and major commercial success for United Artists. He was off 'n running after that.

Huh? The " Man With No Name" trilogy was all shot in Europe, and they're the films that were break through for Eastwood to become a big star instead of a minor bit part player. His next film, "Hang 'Em High" was a critical and major commercial success for United Artists. He was off 'n running after that.
i know, i think i alluded to that. but Clint was not the only actor to be in them. some were shot here in the states, it was just as easy for the crew to come here and film, as being overseas. just pay close attention to the location areas they give credit to as well as any state film office commission. s'ghetti westerns are still occasionally made all over the world.

as it was, Clint's career was rather stagnant to nonexistent, until he went out that way. i did after all state....."he wasn't known much here in the states"

Y'all never watched Rawhide, eh?
I probably seen everyone of them that got made...Think hang um high was filmed in near Las Cruises, N.M. There was even a story told about how Clint would go into the hitching post bar to announce he was a movie star would someone buy him a beer....One fellow shook his hand and said, nice to meet you I am a carpenter by trade and it real nice of a movie star to buy me a beer....:biglaugh: Anyway this took place at Tucumcari, New Mexico on route 66!!!

"Every Which Way But Loose" had a number of shots filmed in old dives on Colfax Ave in Denver, CO - all gone now. I had a beer in all of 'em at one time or another. The Zanzabar was my fav of the bunch.

"Every Which Way But Loose" had a number of shots filmed in old dives on Colfax Ave in Denver, CO - all gone now. I had a beer in all of 'em at one time or another. The Zanzabar was my fav of the bunch.

Last time I visited Denver last year for this.....It was one heck of a good time.
images

Think you might enjoy these two charactors

This is about American as one can get....LOL

Just come Home from Work. 2 Loads empties and 2 Loads Milk.
Had some Police at Base when i finished.
Well,a Drunk Driver hit with his Car one of our Trucks. Light-bar, Mudguard fallen off and a Tire flat. Police told our Driver to park on the Side till they finish with the Drunk. :) but our Truck was gone by then. So they followed them for a 40 min unable to stop them. Got them then at Security Gate of our Company.
Why he didnt Stop?
He was busy to finish up as our Company does a lot not to pay overtime.
Why he drove on the Rim.
We do that always,as Tire-man would need 90 Min to come and no one pays for that.
Dont think they expected such Answer :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread