Life in Sector 7 G.

It looks like some of the old boys are getting ready to retire. These are the real outlaws and they got some stories to tell. :D
One just turned 80, the other is 73 and they both work 2-3 days a week. The other just turned 65 and the other will be 65 soon.

I wish them all the best but, I am like you guys are all retiring and look at what the **** you are leaving me left to work with, guys that can't hit a dock door so they have to go and try backing in at another building:rolllaugh:
Gotta love the social race to the bottom :cautious:

I am about fed up with working at the plant. There is no accountability at all.
If the job market was stronger I would be outta here!

I talk to the guys loading trailers and the guys that call for the loaded trailers.
I ask them how long have you worked here?
Some say 20, 30 and 40 years.
Wow 20 years in the same job and yet you still don't have a solid grasp on it.
You really should know what you are supposed to be doing by now and yet,
You **** up the same thing day after day after day. Tomorrow and the next day and the day after that you will **** up the same things over and over. :dunno:

Today I am sitting at a stop light waiting to make a right turn. This landscaping truck pulls up beside me waiting to make a left.
The passenger in the truck waves and I wave back.
Then makes hand signs challenging me to a game of rock,paper,scissors.
Okay.
First round is a tie, we both have scissors. Second round he has rock I have dinomite, I win.
then the light changed to green. I was laughing so hard. like who does that?
It made my day. Thank God there are people in this world like that.
:rolllaugh:

Today I am sitting at a stop light waiting to make a right turn. This landscaping truck pulls up beside me waiting to make a left.
Okay.
First round is a tie, we both have scissors. Second round he has rock I have dinomite, I win.
Canadians :coocoo:

Okay.
Attack Newfies...

Okay.
Winner gets to make the left first

This morning all the "old guys" from a company that comes here all the time all show up. I used to work for the company these guys are with. I have known these guys for years, oddly enough I only knew one when I worked there.

Anyways, all of these guys are passed the age of retirement and they don't give a shit for nothin'. I suppose they were the same way back in the day with a cooler full of beer, no log books and whatever it took to do 6000 miles in 5 days :D.

So ya, The ol' boys are there and the jokes start flying and the stories and the finger pointing. I could listen to these guys all day long and they could talk all day long too.
Probably the last of the real outlaws.

I got a question for you fine folks.
I had a different guy in my truck this week and he near burned out the clutch on the first day, The second day it was worse but not by much. I am waiting until next week to get it fixed when he is out of my truck.

My question is, Can a clutch adjustment be done outside of a shop or do they need to bring it in?
Because if they take it to the shop I will lose the truck for a week or longer.

I had a different guy in my truck this week and he near burned out the clutch on the first day, The second day it was worse but not by much. I am waiting until next week to get it fixed when he is out of my truck.

My question is, Can a clutch adjustment be done outside of a shop or do they need to bring it in?
How hard can it be? I mean I put the wire on my cigarette lighter all by myself in the driveway.

yeah, but there is a difference in that..

his clutch burning, the clutch can be easy to replaced.

you putting a wire on the cig lighter, can cause your truck to BURN DOWN......not as easy to replace.
True. My task required highly technical expertise. Like an electrician.

i thought there was a truck clutch, in where you put your foot under the clutch pedal, and lift it several times?

there was a car clutch that could do that, cannot recall which one.

If it takes a week to adjust a clutch you might reevaluate where you're working

It doesn't take week to do a clutch adjustment. We park off site so it is more of a logistics issue. Getting someone to drop off a spare truck, take our truck to the shop and then have someone bring our truck back and take the spare.

How hard can it be? I mean I put the wire on my cigarette lighter all by myself in the driveway.

i thought there was a truck clutch, in where you put your foot under the clutch pedal, and lift it several times?

there was a car clutch that could do that, cannot recall which one.

It doesn't take week to do a clutch adjustment. We park off site so it is more of a logistics issue. Getting someone to drop off a spare truck, take our truck to the shop and then have someone bring our truck back and take the spare.
Okay thanks. None of you have been at all helpful. Good job :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread