Kenworth Vs Peterbilt

Coronado Kid

Cactus Patch
Both Paccar Machines that everyone loves but my question for you guys is which truck from the 379 to the w900 do you think will last longer and which interior do you think is better and all other specs do you like about each truck

My Favorite W900

pro's
Spacious
Nice Interior
Smooth Ride
Overall Nice truck

Cons
Fuel Mileage
Turning Radius

Least Favorite
Pro's
Interior
Smooth ride
Overall Nice truck

Con's
Resale value- I saw a 379x with a million miles for 99k and it was a 2007
Fuel
Turning radius
Small Inside
6 Inches added for exhd

Hard to answer owned pete's and kw both. had cats and cummings too. Had one 318 Detroit lol would stop if it seen a hill. always had 13 over in pete and kw. 425 cat 550 cat 500 cummings all did good over the years. I hauled bulls most of my trucking and trucks ran the way I wanted them to go. both I like. that red top is a good engine too.

Hard to answer owned pete's and kw both. had cats and cummings too. Had one 318 Detroit lol would stop if it seen a hill. always had 13 over in pete and kw. 425 cat 550 cat 500 cummings all did good over the years. I hauled bulls most of my trucking and trucks ran the way I wanted them to go. both I like. that red top is a good engine too.

The Only reason I couldnt haul bulls with a w900 is because of the weight other than that the n14 is good engine for a owner operator the cats are crappy in my opinion thats why they couldnt meet epa guidelines

I saw a 1990 something pete with 9 million miles on it for 30k it was on commercialtrucktrader
Kid you should do the math before putting 9 million mile claim out there. A 1990 would be 25 years old so.... 9,000,000 miles / 25 years = 360,000 miles EVERY year since new...Yeah not happening.

Kid you should do the math before putting 9 million mile claim out there. A 1990 would be 25 years old so.... 9,000,000 miles / 25 years = 360,000 miles EVERY year since new...Yeah not happening.
Maybe the seller dictating the ad over the phone said "one point nine million" or "two point nine" or whatever, and they truck trader person just heard "nine million".

That, or the kid is just making stuff up. o_O

Maybe the seller dictating the ad over the phone said "one point nine million" or "two point nine" or whatever, and they truck trader person just heard "nine million".

That, or the kid is just making stuff up. o_O
Hard saying. Sure was typo or something.

The Only reason I couldnt haul bulls with a w900 is because of the weight other than that the n14 is good engine for a owner operator the cats are crappy in my opinion thats why they couldnt meet epa guidelines
you never drove a 425 cat or 550 cat before 2005 with a 13 over and turned up call it as you want (crappy) I would wave at you going by . anyway good luck in your todays trucking.

Thats wgat was on the odometer

you never drove a 425 cat or 550 cat before 2005 with a 13 over and turned up call it as you want (crappy) I would wave at you going by . anyway good luck in your todays trucking.
I never drove anything and probably won't get a drive because of uncle sam

A 2000 model year was put in service in the middle of 1999.

And now we're close to the middle of 2015, so 9.3 million divided by 16 years is 583,188 miles per year.

Divide that by two drivers and it's 291,594 miles each for a team.

That's simply impossible.

Either something is wrong with the ad, or something is wrong with the odometer.

A 2000 model year was put in service in the middle of 1999.

And now we're close to the middle of 2015, so 9.3 million divided by 16 years is 583,188 miles per year.

Divide that by two drivers and it's 291,594 miles each for a team.

That's simply impossible.

Either something is wrong with the ad, or something is wrong with the odometer.
I think there's an extra 0 in the middle of that number. Probably supposed to be 933,109.

As to the original question, I've driven both many times with several driveline combos. Most of those miles were done hauling tridems grossing 115K throughout Eastern Canada and New England.

The early models were basically both the same truck as far as cab/frame, but then KW went to a slightly wider cab while Pete retained the narrower cab. Both drove and handled about the same and had basically the same option lists etc from the factory. Lots of interchangeable parts which oddly enough were generally cheaper at KW.

Up until lately, Pete seemed to take just a tad more care in assembly as to their rep as a "custom truck" builder. KW was more to the "assembly line standard" packages.

Comparable to Cadillac (Pete) and Buick (KW).

Actually, the best truck I owned was neither.... it was a Western Star from pre-Fliner days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread