What truck is better, a Peterbilt or a Kenworth?

What truck is better, a Peterbilt or a Kenworth?
It's not that simple . It's like asking " What's better , a blonde or a redhead ? " . It depends how they are spec'ed and what your needs are .

It's not that simple . It's like asking " What's better , a blonde or a redhead ? " . It depends how they are spec'ed and what your needs are .
"How they're spec'ed and what your needs are"
You sir, get A gold star.

Okay, immediately, I'm thinking heavy haul. I work at a company where most of the guys here have big hoods, and KW's and Pete's are the most common. Both can be spec'd for heavy haul equally well, so I'm not sure what youre getting at here.

I think as long as it's not an international, you're fine.

Kenworth is "The World's Best" and a W900 is hard to beat.

Peterbilt is "Class Pays" and a 389 is also hard to beat.

I suppose that a driver's experience with one or the other and personal preference might come into play. I would take either one for sure.

the best truck in the world is .... MARMON.

then theirs peterbilt.

come on Peabody Trans-Central don't sell them anymore ...lol..sorry just had to say that......did ya go to work for Zoellicker?????

Kenworth is "The World's Best" and a W900 is hard to beat.

Peterbilt is "Class Pays" and a 389 is also hard to beat.

I suppose that a driver's experience with one or the other and personal preference might come into play. I would take either one for sure.

Ohhh Race yes I am W-9 kinda girl so why am I stuck in an anteater?????? :sob: besides they (W-9's) are a sexier lookin truck anyway........ :p :p :p

The brand doesn't matter as much as which company that own them gives you the highest bank balance for your labors.

I"ll take my Classic over Pete 379 & kenworth w900 with there small cabs.

come on Peabody Trans-Central don't sell them anymore ...lol..sorry just had to say that......did ya go to work for Zoellicker?????

Ohhh Race yes I am W-9 kinda girl so why am I stuck in an anteater?????? :sob: besides they (W-9's) are a sexier lookin truck anyway........ :p :p :p

Aint nothin sweeter than a long nose peter

What is nice about the kennyworthless model t-600's and w-9 is you can save on the extras, for example,you do not need power windows, you can just casually reach over and roll down the passenger window, reach just a bit further and you can manually adjust the passenger side mirror and for drivers convenience, you won't even have to leave the drivers seat, not that you could anyway, if you leave the seat for more then five minutes you are already behind on the next payment, but not all is bad with them, when the bankruptcy judge sells them, the next guy blinded by having a pretty truck will likely fork over enough money where only you only have to sell off one your kids to pay the dept off, no need to drag the whole family in to it

That's why I buy old ones, I have found its cheaper to fix an older one up the way I want it, rather than buy a new one with a warranty and a payment book you can wipe your behind with on most occasions. With the opening of our shop to the public, we will take no short cuts. Our 04 is getting new rods and mains, cam, head bolts, liner kits and so on and so on. Its going to get more than needed, but its less we have to worry about later. Since Great Lakes Peterbilt screwed it all up, we may as well do the bodywork on it also and just make it new again.

Nobody makes trucks like they used to, but KW's seem to hold together the longest, those old trucks may have not been much for comfort but they lasted forever, A local guy went out and bought an old freightliner(year?) for $4500, put a couple grand more in it for parts and has been running local stuff in it for about 7 years now, he brakes down alot but he is his own mechanic and he is happy doing it, all he hauls is hay, logs and silage, earns a decent living,

Thought I wanted a W900 myself. A friend of mine got hurt and wanted me to take over the payments. After two weeks in the W9 I had made up my mind. Took it home, loaded it on my trailer and delivered it to him in Fl. Check out my Pete in my photo album.

I think the worst thing I ever drove was an old autocar, it would have been a smoother ride if I tied a concrete slap to my ass and jumped off the side of a mountain, it was a nightmare to shift to

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread