Just signed up for school ya!

gunny

checkride in woodinville Wa

then dumptruck for a local construction company, then hell i dunno IRT season 5!

ya for me!

hey gunny welcome to the group. Dumptrucks are a great way to start......look around and get acquainted.....

I drove a dumptrk too for a yr.I can't say I loved it but it was ok.Then I drove a belly dump for a different construction company.Now I loved that job.I did'nt haul dirt but hot tar.When I was going back to the job site to get more tar,I forgot to roll the tarp back and well you get the picture,LOL.That was the first semi I ever drove and that's more or less when I first got my exp.

Woodinville eh? So who ya gonna drive for?

Gibson? Their rigs are all so sweet. Dark windows and lots of shiny stuff.

Bobby Wolford? Purple and yellow, what a combination.

Mid Mountain? Good sized company.

Hos Brothers? Part of Mid Mountain.

Universal Land? Been around a long time, good sized company.

Marysville Paving & Construction? They aren't in Marysville.

KLB? Big company, you could get lost there.

I've been trying to get on with one of the outfits up there that pay prevailing wage for a long time, but they always have the same line - "Got any experience?"

Best of luck whatever you do.

Woodinville eh? So who ya gonna drive for?

Gibson? Their rigs are all so sweet. Dark windows and lots of shiny stuff.

Bobby Wolford? Purple and yellow, what a combination.

Mid Mountain? Good sized company.

Hos Brothers? Part of Mid Mountain.

Universal Land? Been around a long time, good sized company.

Marysville Paving & Construction? They aren't in Marysville.

KLB? Big company, you could get lost there.

I've been trying to get on with one of the outfits up there that pay prevailing wage for a long time, but they always have the same line - "Got any experience?"

Best of luck whatever you do.

Thanks everyone!

Ya they don't give dump trucks jobs to students typically out of school, but I will be working for Pacific Topsoil out of Maltby, my bro works there so I have an in...even after school I still have to learn how to operate the dump trucks so they're willing to OTJ train me there. I know what you mean tho every ad I've ever read regarding dump trucks says min 5 years exp! Hell of a career change at 40! but I'm super excited and feel very blessed.

Oh yeah, Pacific Topsoil, I completely forgot about them. Sound great, they have been around a while.

About the 5 years experience. How the hell is a driver gonna get 5 years experience if someone won't give them a chance?

Oh yeah, Pacific Topsoil, I completely forgot about them. Sound great, they have been around a while.

About the 5 years experience. How the hell is a driver gonna get 5 years experience if someone won't give them a chance?

Ya I don't know I thought I was destine for OTR right out of school since all the local work seems to go to the experience drivers. Before I got this offer I was going to go for Dump Truck Training school out in Lakewood but the school is another 2K on top of the 5K I have to pay at checkride...Geez these old timers got to retire sometime bring in some fresh blood. I don't know if you ever heard of this school but here is the link.

Commercial Driver Services trains student truck drivers for their commercial drivers license including CDL Class A, CDL Class B, dump truck training and refresher courses for the commercial truck drivers license including offering CDL testing and tra

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread