High blood pressure can only be diagnosed
with repeated blood pressure
measurements. The best way to tell if you
have high blood pressure is to have your
blood pressure measured by a health
professional.
Sometimes individuals with severe or
chronic high blood pressure experience
headache, dizziness, fatigue, or blurry vision.
These are danger signs, and medical help
should be sought immediately. People with
lesser degrees of blood pressure elevation
may experience sleep disturbances,
emotional upset, or a dry mouth.
Although blood pressure varies from person
to person, there are accepted guidelines for
what is considered optimal, normal, and high.
Since high blood pressure is associated with
cardiovascular and other diseases and
even death, it is critically important to
identify and treat it early. You can use the
following chart to help determine whether
your blood pressure is too high.
Is Your Blood Pressure Too High? | ehealthMD

Great info.Everytime I have my blood pressure checked it's too low which I guess can be as bad as too high.

Great info.Everytime I have my blood pressure checked it's too low which I guess can be as bad as too high.

The normal range can be low, for some people.
Have you asked your doctor about your BP being too low?
It's good that you do check your BP regularly.
Most all pharmacy's have the free BP check machines available.

Well, I just got one yesterday, my memory is not that short yet.
Your pressure can go from low normal to high that quick.From soda,being nervous,getting angry all the time many things will cause your blood pressure to rise or in my case from a toothache.Had to go to outpatients awhile back and the nurse took my blood pressure and it was sky high.

Through direct observation I can say that drinking large amounts of water for your drug test will make your BP skyrocket. Especially, if you have to pre. Insist on taking York BP dirt then drink water.

Your pressure can go from low normal to high that quick.From soda,being nervous,getting angry all the time many things will cause your blood pressure to rise or in my case from a toothache.Had to go to outpatients awhile back and the nurse took my blood pressure and it was sky high.

Don't forget about the sudden onset of hypertension due to "white coat syndrome". You could walk into a clinic just fine with normal blood pressures for instance. In my case whenever a nurse wraps the inflatable velcro-band part of a sphygmomanometer around my arm prior to pumping the little balloon thingy my heart-rate suddenly elevates. So, my blood pressures are usually incorrect with a first reading. Sometimes I'm told to lie in the dark for fifteen minutes before a second blood pressure reading will be taken.

Stress and alcoholic beverages such as beer (my favorite drink in hot weather) are major contributors to my blood pressure. I don't have high blood pressure yet, but I'll have to manage it better to prevent it from getting too high.

When I do to the doctor I don't get the white coat symdrome.I sit there calmly and let them do their thing,
Don't forget about the sudden onset of hypertension due to "white coat syndrome". You could walk into a clinic just fine with normal blood pressures for instance. In my case whenever a nurse wraps the inflatable velcro-band part of a sphygmomanometer around my arm prior to pumping the little balloon thingy my heart-rate suddenly elevates. So, my blood pressures are usually incorrect with a first reading. Sometimes I'm told to lie in the dark for fifteen minutes before a second blood pressure reading will be taken.

Stress and alcoholic beverages such as beer (my favorite drink in hot weather) are major contributors to my blood pressure. I don't have high blood pressure yet, but I'll have to manage it better to prevent it from getting too high.

For some reason I always get nervous over nothing. And then my heart starts racing for no reason.
I have'nt had my pressure checked in a whie but what America has become and all the crooked politians and everyone else and as angry as I get over that it's probably pretty high.Not too mention sitting in the doctors office for an hr taking thier sweet time so the bill is higher and higher.But things out here while driving I don't let bother me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread