I need a cheap APU

I'm a proponent of CO monitors/alarms whether you have an APU working with whatever fuel or not. You might not have one, but what about the guy who parks next to you?
that's on them if they don't have one. it's a persons life it should be common sense to use one :confused-96:

Honda also has a bigger motor than the Yamaha, so it performs slightly better at higher altitudes. as well as the EU2000I makes quite a bit more surge power than the yamahas. the EU2000I will start and run a 9500 BTU AC unit ut it will not stat a 13,500 BTU unit you'll need 2 EU2000I's connected but once it's started a single EU2000I will run a 13,500 BTU AC

there both great units in my book

and sadly that's probably what it will take to make em spend the money and install them!!
I'm talking about the truck, engine, and APU manufacturers.

Kenworth T-660's with Cummins & DEF systems have a seal behind the turbo that's prone to leakage, and the intake for the HVAC system is on the firewall immediately above that seal.

If someone dies of carbon monoxide poisoning from that, the family should sue the shit out of PACCAR & Cummins.

I'm planning on maybe taking it on a raft trip if I pull a weekend thing.

Maybe my smaller (and louder) one.

I'll run it & a battery charger while running the raft upstream, possibly with something rigged up to route the exhaust underwater. Then when we get to the camping spot, I'll set it next to the water if I have an underwater exhaust system, or just put it 100 feet out into the woods & use an extension cord for the charger, just til the deep cycle batteries are topped off then kill it for the night.

It's hard on lead acid batteries to leave them sitting in a state of discharge for very long, and I predict that running a heavy loaded raft upstream for 7 miles with a 40# trolling motor will use up about 50% of its capacity even with a 10-15 amp charger on them.

The deep cycles will run the stereo and LED lights all weekend with no problem.

It would make more sense to just use a little outboard motor, but that would require buying one. I already own the other stuff.
I don't know why anyone would need a genset while rafting or camping other than to keep the beer cold :D

though if I was to choose between the Honda EU2000I and the Yamaha ide go with the Yamaha!!! 2400IS. ide go with the Yamaha over the Honda for better build quality and the Yamaha is 2000 watts and not 1600 watts like the honda

If it sounds like a rabid chainsaw at full throttle and you park next to me, you may not survive the evening!

:bigpaddle:
thats what the EU2000 sounds like at full throttle I haven't heard the yamahas. I like my EU7000 it's quiet in idle mode you almost don't even know it's there vs the EU7000

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread