Traffic Report: I-70 in Denver to close next two weekends

Not quite...

The fine for not carrying chains on I-70 between mileposts 133–259 from Sept. 1–May 31 is $50 plus a $17 surcharge. Statewide, the fine for not chaining up when the chain law is in effect is $500 plus a $79 surcharge. The fine for blocking a highway as a result of not chaining up is $1,000 plus a $157 surcharge.

CODOT.gov › library › Brochures
Colorado CHAIN UP TIPS - CDOT

Other than the surcharge, I was correct. Forgot about the surcharge.

Never paid attention to the cost of running when the chain up was in progress, because my truck would be stopped long before that point.

Other than the surcharge, I was correct. Forgot about the surcharge.

Never paid attention to the cost of running when the chain up was in progress, because my truck would be stopped long before that point.
Consider whom you were edjumacating...

I remember once an Old-Timer said if ya need chains ya probably shouldnt be driving through it in the 1st place
Yeah I'm shift work. I can almost always get there but if I can't get the bobtail out of its spot, I go home. It ain't gonna be any more fun out on the road, so taking a paid day off usually nets more than I'd make fighting the weather.

I remember once an Old-Timer said if ya need chains ya probably shouldnt be driving through it in the 1st place
Meh. Chains are part of the job in the West. And most guys who say that have never ran chains, either. Truck feels far more secure on chains than barefoot, the only part that sucks is having to run slow while wearing them. Well, and having to get dressed to put them on/off.

I get a kick out of the guys who claim they can put 6 chains on in under 10 minutes.
Depending on how much snow I have packed on, it can take me 10 minutes to get things ready to put them on!

Then it's under 5 minutes per corner, from out of the bucket to rolling.

Meh. Chains are part of the job in the West. And most guys who say that have never ran chains, either. Truck feels far more secure on chains than barefoot, the only part that sucks is having to run slow while wearing them. Well, and having to get dressed to put them on/off.

Been out west a handful of times over the years..

Nonetheless Im a "Midwest" boy from the FLATS

Depending on how much snow I have packed on, it can take me 10 minutes to get things ready to put them on!

Then it's under 5 minutes per corner, from out of the bucket to rolling.
No they distinctly made it "I can throw all six in under 10 minutes".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread