How many tries before the PASS

MAJIK Lady

I am interested in knowing of those who are willing to answer honestly..How many times did you have to take the CDL permit test before you passed? to answer my own guestion it took 3x's for the knowledge and passed the air brakes and comb first try. COME ON BE HONEST ALL THOSE WHO WILL ANSWER.

Okay... I Blew It...

I did have to retake the Hazmat portion of the test, once, the first time. :headscratch2:

I thought it would be like the rest of the tests, just common sense stuff, so I didn't study. When I flunked it, I had to get serious. Hazmat is the only portion of the CDL test I have to take at renewal time, if I have no traffic convictions on my record at the time. So far, so good...

I did have to retake the Hazmat portion of the test, once, the first time. :headscratch2:

I thought it would be like the rest of the tests, just common sense stuff, so I didn't study. When I flunked it, I had to get serious. Hazmat is the only portion of the CDL test I have to take at renewal time, if I have no traffic convictions on my record at the time. So far, so good...

Thanks for the honesty... I only had a matter of days to study through the book

hazmat testing.

I "studied" for the "test" for about 1 hour last year when I retook it.
I tried going blind into it and failed however one can retest many times (in NC) before passing, of course not in the same day. One could go every day and test till a pass.
I'll need to take the goofy predictable test again soon for the License renewal.
I may or not "study" since I really see NO NEED for having the endorsement since I don't haul hazmat.

There then is the Honesty.

That's right when you have the Hazmat endorsement you do have to retake, atleast you get more chances to pass....I did not do the Hazmat I was happy enough to get the CDL permit.

The only problem I had was with the permit. had to take that test twice. Boy I studied my butt off and still missed it by 2 questions. Retook it the same day and passed with flying colours. As far as getting the actual license I went to Roadmaster and didn't have any problems passing.

The only problem I had was with the permit. had to take that test twice. Boy I studied my butt off and still missed it by 2 questions. Retook it the same day and passed with flying colours. As far as getting the actual license I went to Roadmaster and didn't have any problems passing.

Im sure glad I was not the only one that had to retake..the hardest part for me was the air brakes

i passed it all and got my cdl on the first try. the only issues i had was with the doubles/triples endoresment. it took me three times to pass it and i think that was because i never had hands on with it before until i got it.

I am interested in knowing of those who are willing to answer honestly..How many times did you have to take the CDL permit test before you passed? to answer my own guestion it took 3x's for the knowledge and passed the air brakes and comb first try. COME ON BE HONEST ALL THOSE WHO WILL ANSWER.
It took me 3 times as well to pass all the test but the 3rd time I aced airbrks,combination,and knowledge because all the answers were very lightly circled.I thought YAAAAAAAA I got it now. LOL

Passed all the first time, including Haz Mat and Tanker. Passed the road test the first time too! And I ran a red light! Grumpy ol hag must liked me. LOL But she knew it was my first time in that truck and had no clue where I was. Funny the guy who brought me to the test warned me about that light.. I ran the F'n thing anyway.

I got my class B with Passenger endorsement passed first try, a month before I went to school for class A , passed first try on class A didn't test for Double Triple or Hazmat passed all other endorsements.

Passed 1st try on driving test at Roadmasters, was the first student they can remember that aced the backing test got an overall 99 out of 100 on my transcript grade, Its the first A I can remember ever getting, I was always a slacker in high school.

GREMLIC Finally did something right, now I just need some work

i passed my class A and endorsements first try. i studied though. i talk to a lot of people who do not study... and guess what... they end up retaking it.

i did fail my driving though. the inspector said my trailer hit a curb on a turn. i watched the tires and did not see them touch the curb. but it was his word against mine. then passed the driving on the second pass a week later.

i did fail my driving though. the inspector said my trailer hit a curb on a turn.

First off, I passed my CDL class A and all endorsements first time. I also graduated my school 99% over all. The State Patrol officer even said he would not mind riding with me anywhere that I had to go. :biglaugh:

After getting my CDL I worked a few years driving OTR,Local,Regional then I got burned out and decided it was not for me.
I quit my job and came home, and went to work as a Driver Instructor at a school here in KY.
It was pretty good money and home every night.

Now getting back to what bigrig said, Those test are made up from a desk jockey's point of view.

Meaning whoever designed the curriculum for a truck driving school, and the drivers test has never been in a truck.
There were several things I had to teach that were just plain out wrong, and I explained to my students that just do it for testing purposes.
I would tell them to forget basically everything we are teaching you here, when you get hired through a company your trainer will teach you the way it is suppose to be in real life.

As for how many times it takes someone to get there CDL....I wouldn't worry about that as long as you got them, that is all that matters.

BTW, do you know what kind of drivers test I had to take to be an "official driver instructor " in KY for CDL license?

It involved a car......:nono: and

I almost failed it...........I made a 80% :beep:

I passed the test and all the endorsement tests on the first try.
Me too. Got a perfect score on hazmat. Not sure why one would need try multiple times unless they are not geared for the subject. Might be smarter at something else. I failed the knowledge test for oregons motorcycle endorsement but that's because I had never been on a bike or read the book. I took the test blond just for kicks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread