How many miles

Tgotty

How many miles are you driving on average?

Per week= ?
Per month= ?

just depends on your field of trucking or route, guessing most that posted are OTR

In a month I usually do 3000+ miles, with a lot of down time at sites, could call me short haul. BTW I'm not paid by the miles.

640 a day,3200 a week fillin the book...usually fueling and grabbin 10's with only 20 min left on clock, when I fuel, I have to focus on NOT bs'ing to much or I'll run out of time at the fuel island! LOL (that limits me to 4mph)....2 to 3 hours of delay usually, my available 14 and 11 come together in harmony and bleed off in union....

In mining now..ran the same in LTL, fuel, and oilfield.....Not too many 8 hour a day jobs for us...LOL

How many miles are you driving on average?

Per week= ?
Per month= ?
Being as I'm in o/o role now I'm not looking at miles as I'm looking at bottom line net revenue. If you can run for fare amount more per mile on short runs you'll be better off bc your rolling expenses (cost to move truck) won't be racked up with a bunch of miles for cheap rates. Always gotta make sure to cover your set cost though such as insurance, plates, mortgage, etc.

Percentage.

Not miles...but revenue.

No idea.
That's why I tell guys to look at what you make.

We get mileage and activity. So I just look at a 275-325 day as ok and 325-400 as good instead of (like my idiot friend) "Man I only did 400 miles today" yeah but he had 7 stops that are 20 a pop so all in all not bad day in the 320ish range.

That's why I tell guys to look at what you make.

We get mileage and activity. So I just look at a 275-325 day as ok and 325-400 as good instead of (like my idiot friend) "Man I only did 400 miles today" yeah but he had 7 stops that are 20 a pop so all in all not bad day in the 320ish range.
Same for here. We get mileage plus load. And I volunteer for all the truck recoveries and driver fetches I can get.

$35 to have another driver take me to think dealership half an hour away and drive the repaired truck back up.

$35 to take another driver 25 miles down the road to bring a third driver and his truck home.

$35 plus mileage to take empty trailers wherever or from wherever. They've had me bobtail several hundred miles just to play yard dog at a store and bring an empty back.

I got $70 to run one pallet to YRC's terminal 35 miles up the highway. Took about an hour and a half total.

It ain't regular routes but it's a lot of money per hour for these odd jobs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread