How many lights do I need on this thing?

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
To be legal.

20170815_230649.jpg

It's 22 feet from the hitch ball to the tail. All I have on it is two tail lights. Brake/turn/tail..

I know I need a license plate light but I'm wondering if I need red triples at the top rear, and orange markers on the sides in the middle somewhere around the axle.

:dunno:

The tail lights light up on the sides too. Figured I'd mention it.

I want it to be legal, but might add one on each side just so it don't get T-boned.. Maybe.

I don't know what it would take to be legal, but I would want one in the middle to avoid the T- bonage you speak of.

Some idiot jackrabbits the green as you go thru a yellow.....

Are you gonna be able to get that out the garage door?

I would put four lights on the side. One on each end, two in the middle. One on each end at the top maybe. Then front and back.

I wouldn't do any brake lamps. Keep em guessing. :D

Are you gonna be able to get that out the garage door?
I have to use a bungee cord to hold the door open all the way.

And walk it in by hand to hold it level. Right over the axle it clears the door opening by about 4 inches.

I got an LED triples and put it on last night. And an LED license plate light but ain't wired it up yet.

Gotta put the wires in conduit to keep chipmunks from chewing on them. :mad:

20170819_225343.jpg

20170820_000124.jpg

Rattle can paint jobs have special meaning
Well it was old galvanized stuff. A little rust, and lots of deteriorating zinc powder.

This stuff:

20170820_193512.jpg

I cleaned it up with the air sander.

I didn't take all the zinc off though. Otherwise I'd have painted it black. When the silver paint flakes off the little bit of zinc that remains on it, it won't be that noticeable.

Conclusion. Orange in the middle of the sides just ahead of the axle, triples on the rear but not the front. I don't want bright ass orange lights right in my rear view mirror.

20170823_004335.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread