How many are interested in discussing and optimizing fuel economy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've driven those and haven't broke a fairing yet.

But that's a side fairing not a roof one. A roof one helps push some air over top of the trailer.

But I don't know exactly whether it would be effective with how much thigh gap I have.

But that's a side fairing not a roof one. A roof one helps push some air over top of the trailer.

But I don't know exactly whether it would be effective with how much thigh gap I have.
You will someday "Trust Me"

Actually I am hoping a run closer to home at Russel Road TA.

Ill get some tools and fix that before the shop sees that and report me to management.

I'd imagine them things would pay for themselves reasonably quick in fuel savings.

Streamlining in the front is a lot more effective than streamlining in the rear (like with those stupid trailer tails).

I'd imagine them things would pay for themselves reasonably quick in fuel savings.

Streamlining in the front is a lot more effective than streamlining in the rear (like with those stupid trailer tails).
Yeah I'm just not sure if it'll be enough due to my gap. I like the longer wheelbase (for a day cab) especially with these spring trailers, so I'm not gonna get a stubby truck to close it just for fuel. That shit is miserable.

Considering how I ran compared to the Ford, it's still excellent. I'm basically getting the same MPG as the Ford, 10-12mph faster on the top end.

I'm going to run 62-65 all day today to see where the numbers are basically doing what the Ford could do. It's similar to what I ran for Pumpkin to get an idea.

I love the gearing and the power on this Mack though. Weight of the trailer doesn't seem to make much difference on maintaining speed up and down the rolling hills of 81. She seems to stay in her power band the same.

Full tilt, she uses almost no def. So that means she's running clean. The 608 mile day, the needle barely moved off full.

Yesterday, she burned more.

Make sense considering a regen is basically parking it and running it flat out for a while.

Yeah I'm just not sure if it'll be enough due to my gap. I like the longer wheelbase (for a day cab) especially with these spring trailers, so I'm not gonna get a stubby truck to close it just for fuel. That shit is miserable.

Considering how I ran compared to the Ford, it's still excellent. I'm basically getting the same MPG as the Ford, 10-12mph faster on the top end.

I'm going to run 62-65 all day today to see where the numbers are basically doing what the Ford could do. It's similar to what I ran for Pumpkin to get an idea.

I love the gearing and the power on this Mack though. Weight of the trailer doesn't seem to make much difference on maintaining speed up and down the rolling hills of 81. She seems to stay in her power band the same.

Full tilt, she uses almost no def. So that means she's running clean. The 608 mile day, the needle barely moved off full.

Yesterday, she burned more.

Make sense considering a regen is basically parking it and running it flat out for a while.
Longer wheel base gives better ride.

One thing to consider though is ya do alot of local so probably alot of tight places to.

Short wheel base better turning radius but
a crappierr ride.

You'd have to evaluate both and figure out what's best for your situation.

One thing to consider though is ya do alot of local so probably alot of tight places to.

a crappierr ride.

He can't change his wheelbase.

Theres never a reason to turn a truck tight enough to break a fairing.

They should even have em in the first place just more shit to break.
They improve fuel mileage by creating less seams and gaps. The same as a shorter wheelbase does.

Millions of pickup and delivery are made every day without people tearing up their bosses equipment, then blaming the surrounding area or the equipment.

They improve fuel mileage by creating less seams and gaps. The same as a shorter wheelbase does.

Millions of pickup and delivery are made every day without people tearing up their bosses equipment, then blaming the surrounding area or the equipment.
Atleast I'm moving the damage outside.

Remember when I first started here it was the inside of cab I kept breaking stuff.

a crappierr ride.

Are you so spaced that you don't even realize I have a truck already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread