How long to build air pressure in semi truck?

Slow air leaks like overnight I don't worry about. My truck at my last job would be at zero air in the morning.

O this was a good one. One morning it was like -35C--31F. Of course all the airline fittings were leaking until it warmed up. I didn't know.
I called up the shop. The guy picked up the phone and said, if this is about an air leak, I don't want to hear it!
I said, okay then have a nice day! And hung up.

I thought that sounded right but I endured a z endorsement practice test to make sure you had the right answer.
The 'Z' endorsement must be a Canuck thing. Air brake endorsement?

Ours is part of the General Knowledge tests here if you plan on operating an air brake equipped vehicle.

The 'Z' endorsement must be a Canuck thing. Air brake endorsement?

Ours is part of the General Knowledge tests here if you plan on operating an air brake equipped vehicle.
Z endorsement is an Ontario thing. Every license is a letter in Ontario but numbers in the rest of the country. I'm not sure what they do for air brake endorsement but it's Z here.

I have everything except passenger and motorcycle on mine.
School bus and greyhound type bus are separate licenses here for some reason. School bus is B. There's no passenger hazmat or doubles endorsement. If you have an A everything else but motorcycle is written test only. A covers D and G (straight trucks and passenger vehicles) C covers F (shorter buses ambulance and taxi) B covers E (short school bus). I can drive anything but a school bus apparently. It's gotta be seriously confusing to anyone outside this province.

I did the C for the hell of it when I first got my A. When I went to renew it I wasn't gonna bother and just let it come off cause there is literally a snowball's chance in hell of me wanting to drive a bus full of people. The lady there goes oh it doesn't cost you any extra blah blah blah. Fine. I guess. It was only 20 questions. Guess I have it even though I've never driven a bus.

They do it on purpose to confuse you. It leads to a higher gross revenue for the provincial minister's bank account.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread