Hours of service

StupidDriver

Arebullshit. They need to change it to make it so Driver’s are required to take off duty rest brakes at same time every day and have that be the only rule. So make it so you require a 10 hr reset every day and have 8 of those hours be consistent every day at the same time every day.

They also need to get rid of the 70 hour clock and get rid of the 11 hour driving clock because those are completely useless. They literally do nothing but make the job harder and add stress.

I should be able to drive 14-16 hours a day if I want. It’s more unsafe to have someone sleeping random ass times during the day than have someone driving long hours consistently.

With the current system dms and planners can just send me trips that pick up at all times of the day or night and I end up not being able to sleep. Then other times I’m wide awake and have to stop driving even though I won’t be tired for another 8 hours. So I go into off duty and then lay awake for 8 hours and once I’m finally getting tired enough to sleep it’s almost time to start driving again.

It’s seruously bullshit and completely retarded.

Honestly nobody needs to have their ****ing sleep monitored. You have to be a complete retard to drive when you are too tired to hold your eyes open. And these logs are making me feel like a complete retard because they force me to do so.

You need to work for a better company if they are not respecting your sleep/ wake cycle (circadian rhythm).
Sure enough the 70 hour rule serves no purpose other than getting drivers some time off and not being pushed to run indefinitely without any time off.

I know I used to run auto parts. Start out the week on a day shift, then they would sit me for more than well over 10 hours and want me to start a midnight run.

I found a better company where the delivery and pick up times were more consistent.

Find a better company!

Last edited:
Arebullshit. They need to change it to make it so Driver’s are required to take off duty rest brakes at same time every day and have that be the only rule. So make it so you require a 10 hr reset every day and have 8 of those hours be consistent every day at the same time every day.

They also need to get rid of the 70 hour clock and get rid of the 11 hour driving clock because those are completely useless. They literally do nothing but make the job harder and add stress.

I should be able to drive 14-16 hours a day if I want. It’s more unsafe to have someone sleeping random ass times during the day than have someone driving long hours consistently.

With the current system dms and planners can just send me trips that pick up at all times of the day or night and I end up not being able to sleep. Then other times I’m wide awake and have to stop driving even though I won’t be tired for another 8 hours. So I go into off duty and then lay awake for 8 hours and once I’m finally getting tired enough to sleep it’s almost time to start driving again.

It’s seruously bullshit and completely retarded.

Honestly nobody needs to have their ****ing sleep monitored. You have to be a complete retard to drive when you are too tired to hold your eyes open. And these logs are making me feel like a complete retard because they force me to do so.
You must run a reefer. Better ways of truckin than that. Flatbed for example dont have these yayhoos that make delivery appts at 0100

Far out man.
I would rather smoke weed than drink alcohol too! :cool:
Takes effect faster... wears off faster... wont leave ya sick in the mornin

“Bart, are you nuts?! You want truck drivers tokin up?!”

If he’s straight by the next time he turns the key, I dont care. If he’s a local guy and hes tokin in his livin room, I give a shit even less

Takes effect faster... wears off faster... wont leave ya sick in the mornin

“Bart, are you nuts?! You want truck drivers tokin up?!”

If he’s straight by the next time he turns the key, I dont care. If he’s a local guy and hes tokin in his livin room, I give a **** even less
I agree with you 100% :thumbsup:

[QUOTE="BlackBart, post: 805383, member:
“Bart, are you nuts?! You want truck drivers tokin up?!”[/QUOTE]

To be honest I would be fine with truck drivers “toking” up while driving. It doesn’t affect driving ability. I’d say vaping tobacco is more dangerous than The wacky tobacco, those things make me dizzy. I wouldn’t recommend someone do it their first time while driving but even then they will probably pull over at their own will out of paranoia.

And no I don’t use mj and haven’t for a long time. But I do know people who do it every day and they drive better than most drivers. My father has been smoking bud every day for 30 years and never been in an accident or been pulled over for anything other than bad taillights.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread