Hockey (the real sport) 2019-2020

Star player back when I was watching was Mike Modano. That's how long it has been, LOL
I remember when ROI was their goalie. Lol that was like 2003ish I never kept up on the stars roster. But Roi was significant because he was an African American goal tender.

But Mike Madano was first draft pick for the 88 draft year and he played for the stars in Minnesota till 93 when the team moves to Dallas and played for the stars until 2010 then did one year in his hometown with the redwings and retired. He was put in the hockey hall of fame in 2014. He had some very impressive career numbers.

Watching the San Jose/Vegas game last night when one of the announcers says “this place is packed for an opening season game. Every seat is filled like it’s a playoff game. Vegas is such a hockey town unlike Toronto.”

I died laughing at that point.

MMA is my main sport, but hockey is right up there...I'm still working on perfecting my combination of the two :p
Ok I do like MMA actually had a cousin who was semi-pro for a while. But MMA doesn’t really have a season it’s just fights whenever they schedule it. But I agree that’s a friggin sport.

@Hanover Fist
@r3gulator3
Or anyone else. Riddle me this:

What's the difference between the MMA and Hockey?
MMA is two guys in cage on a rubber mat fighting with any martial arts style until one taps out, or is knocked out. Typically 3 rounds then goes to judges decision.

Hockey is dudes with pad and helmets on ice trying to hit a vulcanized rubber disk into a 6ft wide net at the opposite end of the rink while defending their own goal. When they have a disagreement they settle it like men with a good old fashioned fist fight. Then the refs put em in the cooler for a few minutes. It runs 3 20 minute periods with an intermission between each one.

MMA is two guys in cage on a rubber mat fighting with any martial arts style until one taps out, or is knocked out. Typically 3 rounds then goes to judges decision.

Hockey is dudes with pad and helmets on ice trying to hit a vulcanized rubber disk into a 6ft wide net at the opposite end of the rink while defending their own goal. When they have a disagreement they settle it like men with a good old fashioned fist fight. Then the refs put em in the cooler for a few minutes. It runs 3 20 minute periods with an intermission between each one.
A pedestrian answer. And it was a riddle and you gave me a straight up answer :biglaugh:.

The only difference is............

glovemm.jpgnhlgl.jpg

One takes their gloves off when the fighting starts.

The other puts their gloves on before the fighting starts 🤩 .

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread